Tablet for HU

Yes, I did this not to long ago and I am very happy with it so far, keep in mind 2 things

1. if you can not reprogram your tablet to turn on when it is charging and off when not charging, you will have to leave it on at all times (I had this problem but i removed enough programs on the tablet to prevent it from draining the car battery)

2. If you have problem #1 and you live somewhere very hot/cold your tablet will turn the screen on to notify you that it is overheating and the screen will stay on till it cools down (I live in AZ so this a problem in the summer but so far it has not drawn enough power to kill the battery)

Overall if you are good with programming and you have a tablet that is not locked down this is a very cool option that is way more cost efficient and versatile than most low end touch screen HU.

There are some cool programs that you can install on your tablet that a regular HU could not use, for example I have my tablet connected to a bluetooth OBD2 sensor which sends all kinds of information to my tablet, it reads out my MPG, speed, RPM, ect.

I've done this aswell, i like it! I modified a button to turn the tablet on and off. Also i wired a toggle switch on the power outlet circuit for charging.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ashren315

Senior VIP Member
ashren315
Canton, MS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from