Alpine Amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Horse2000GT

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking to put in 2 12" Alpine Series R subs...the installer is saying to use the Alpine R-A75M. The subs are rated at 750 watts RMS each. The amp is rated at 750 watts RMS. Am I correct that means each sub would get 375 watts? Is that enough to push both of them?

I'm looking to put in 2 12" Alpine Series R subs...the installer is saying to use the Alpine R-A75M. The subs are rated at 750 watts RMS each. The amp is rated at 750 watts RMS. Am I correct that means each sub would get 375 watts? Is that enough to push both of them?

You probably need a 2-3K amp. A lot of people like the Audio Apex Cab-22 or a Sundown SFB 2K or 3K.

Most people like to double the rms of the subs when picking out a bass amp. Adjust the gains properly and a bigger amp won't have to work so hard.

Just do it and you will be happy. I had a 1,500 rms sub on a 3K amp that people talked to me on here. I reluctantly sold the two amps that I had and went with their recommendations. And, they were right.

With box rise, you’ll never see the rms the amp is stating at a given ohm load. So if the Cab-22 says 2200 rms at 1 ohm and 1500 at 2 ohm and you are wired down to 1 ohm, you’ll likely see the power output of 2 ohms and even lower. That’s why it’s best to double the rated power.

With box rise, you’ll never see the rms the amp is stating at a given ohm load. So if the Cab-22 says 2200 rms at 1 ohm and 1500 at 2 ohm and you are wired down to 1 ohm, you’ll likely see the power output of 2 ohms and even lower. That’s why it’s best to double the rated power.

You just couldn't do it. Agree with me. No worries. Peace man!

What are you talking about? I was explaining why to double the rms rating. Instead of just telling someone to double the power, I like to somewhat explain why, that way they now have knowledge for the future. Not sure how my comment pertains to you

What are you talking about? I was explaining why to double the rms rating. Instead of just telling someone to double the power, I like to somewhat explain why, that way they now have knowledge for the future. Not sure how my comment pertains to you

I told him double the rms already. So, you couldn't agree with what I said. Whatever, it is what it is. No worries man.

Jesus Christ. I explained WHY to double the rms rating instead of just saying, do this. Your butthurt because I didn’t say, “Bobbytwonames is right!”??

You say no worries man yet you felt the need to bring it up. Yeah ok

I didn’t need to justify what you said. I gave the OP an explanation to what you said. You’re reaching hard this morning. All night bender?

You told him what to do and I gave an explanation on why to do that. I can’t speak for everyone but instead of being told to do something, I like to have reasons why to do something. When did I rip on you??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.