alpine 9887 or new double din

Participant count
  • Participant list

perrin_07

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys,
From Australia here. Not sure whether i should keep the Alpine 9887 I have hanging around the house or update to a double din. If i keep the 9887 i can get the few addons (ipod cable and bluetooth), would probably use the ipod cable as i have a 80gb ipod i can use, as i dont make phone calls in the car so the bluetooth would be a purely music accessory).
Its not as fancy as a nice new double din but it would be more for the sq of it.
I'm upgrading the system.
Currently have:
Boston G5 w/ radiator in custom box
RF power 1000
RF 25 to life power 150

EDIT: I have some Orion Millenium 6.5 i can add to the concept set. This would make it a 3 way correct? The concept is tweeter and 5inch mid

Looking at:
Speakers are unknown but found some Orion Concept 98.1 I am keen on.

Thanks for the help,
Steve

9887 was really popular in its day and probably still holds it's own. Why not use it?

There's a few quality of life things I like out of a head unit where I won't compromise, but for the most part anything by the reputable brands and outside the entry level will get you to the same place as far as sound.

Trying to do 3 way fronts will require more channels of amplification than you own as far as I can tell.

thanks guys, what i wanted to hear haha!
I dont mind buying another amp if i need to.

I wanted a new one to be more up to date but i love that headunit haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...