Alpine 3527

Participant count
  • Participant list

bass maniak
10+ year member

Team Poundin Sound
I just bought this bad boy off some one who had got a car from there job site. It was left there & never picked up for many years. It had an old school clarion deck & this alpine amp back there.

I offered 20 bucks for it but he said no so I offered 30 & he took the deal LOL. This thing looks oldschool like crazy, the power,ground,remote arent on terminals but a wiring harness that plugs in. The speaker outputs are the same kind of deal but it does have rca inputs.

Not sure why I bought it just because its kinda vintage now & in absolute mint shape. Im gonna go out & hook it up right now see what it has to offer haha. Its a 4,3 or 2 channel amp. The one I picked up makes this one in this link look like its in rough shape.

Alpine Car amplifier 3527

Who has run one of these things before & does any one know what they sell for now days haha. Might be a good amp to run in my daily driver to power my MB Quart components in the front or if not try to hit it up on ebay & see if anyone wants this things ( if its possable to profit off it ).

Well after much testing I am actually kind of impressed with how it performs for its age.

Its rms is rated at 30x4 into 4 ohm, 50x4 into 2 ohm or 90x2 into 4 ohms bridged.

After testing on speakers I decided to see how it would perform on a woofer. All I had on hand with a box was a ported 12" L5 dual 2 ohm.

I had the choice to wire to only one side of the amp bridged at 4 ohms, or test the amps limits...

Even tho the amp isnt rated at 2 ohms bridged, I decided to hook each coil up to each side to see how it would peform. IT TOOK IT LIKE A CHAMP!

After listening to every song I could think of on it & going for a long ride, it didnt even heat up or even get warm. I was suprised with the output it gave as well.

I think im going to be keeping this old amp around for a while hehe, it weighs a ton...looks old but it seems to be built like a tank & has solid performance.

Well worth the 30 I paid for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.