Alaxan...I need your help please?? Xbox installation in my car??

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by Jeremy jl fan Alaxan,

Thanks for the help, but I still need more....You can find the cd player and screen on ikesound.com...No the screens are not hooked up yet he wants me to hook it all up at once....the cd player is just a single cd player.......any ideas?? He just wants the screens in his car with the xbox hooked up to them to play...
Still have not had enough time to take a look yet, but if the Head Unit can not accept a signal input from the x-box or the screens there will be a small problem. The video feeds should be fine just running them separate to a switch or daisy chaining the monitors. I would suggest a switch unit so he can add in more equipment, but at the same time a head unit upgrade may be in order or use an FM modulator to send the input signal to the head unit.

Hey Alaxan,

Ok the head unit has one set of rca and thats all? Would it be possible to run y split from the head unit rca to make the 1 a 2 and run the xbox to 1 of the sets? Can you tell me exact what I should do?

Originally posted by Jeremy jl fan Hey Alaxan,

Ok the head unit has one set of rca and thats all? Would it be possible to run y split from the head unit rca to make the 1 a 2 and run the xbox to 1 of the sets? Can you tell me exact what I should do?
The RCA on the head unit are output and will do no good to receive a signal into the head unit. I would suggest, as I said before, either an FM modulator or a new head unit. FM modulator would be best bet so you can get the signal INTO the head unit from the xbox so you have sound.

The monitors should (i don't know for sure) have a switched power and ground, you'll need to hook that up.

Then you'll need to send the video signal from the xbox to the monitors. If they have a video in and out then it's real easy. From the xbox to the in, then out to the other monitor. If they only have an in... which most do. Then buy a video (spliter). that will give you 1 input and 2 outputs for each monitor.

Good luck with the install.

The monitors should (i don't know for sure) have a switched power and ground, you'll need to hook that up.

Then you'll need to send the video signal from the xbox to the monitors. If they have a video in and out then it's real easy. From the xbox to the in, then out to the other monitor. If they only have an in... which most do. Then buy a video (spliter). that will give you 1 input and 2 outputs for each monitor.

Good luck with the install.

How/what kind of wire do I send the video signal from the xbox to the monitors? RCA?? As for the spliter...would that be a y split making 1 female 2 males?

Look at what comes out of the xbox......The yellow one, it's called composite video. Actually a "Y" splitter would work. But if you are really concerned about picture quality, try and find a Monster Cable video distribution thing. It boosts you video signal and insures good picture quality. Also if you can I highly recommend using monster's car video cable as well. It always keeps a 75 ohm impedance for best picture quality.

Hope I've helped, good luck.

Yea you have helped alot, but where can I get the monster cable's? As you now know I live in germany an its very limited so I just order what I need from ikesound.com or wherever I can find what I need! Any suggestions on the place to find the monster cable? If I have more questions I will tell you!

Thanks

with the signal only going to two sources it shoudl be more than fine without having to purchase a distribution block. especially one that is powered or amplified. If it was being fed into like 4 or 5..... yeah that is a little more reasonable, but still not necessary. Sure monster cable is good cable and all, but you can get a good radioshack cable for much cheaper and be fine with it. Seems you are trying to cost ur friend as much money as you can? Keep it simple and it will be simple AND functional.

Hey Alaxan,

Im not being smart ass or nothing, but I cant just drive into town and boom there is a radioshack , member this is germany bud.....I need to know the exact wire names and steps to do the install please and he wants to add up to 3 more screens down the road?

Thanks Jeremy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.