Alaxan...I need your help please?? Xbox installation in my car??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr. Loki
5,000+ posts

Banned
Missouri
Alaxan,

I was wondering if you could help me with installing my xbox in my car.....I have 2 5.6screens and I wanted to know how I run the power wire off the xbox the rca off the xbox and the tv cable??

Anyone else who knows are also welcome please...I need to know..

You need a power inverter to get power to the xbox. Hooking up the monitors is just splitting the video signal to them. But, what else do you have in your system?

You need a power inverter to get power to the xbox. Hooking up the monitors is just splitting the video signal to them. But, what else do you have in your system?
What is the power inverter for and where can I get one? This is not my system, but my friend wanted me to hook it up, because I have done the rest of his installation. I told him I would have to find out though..

A power inverter is a box that converts 12v dc to 110v for use with small appliances like video games and such. Check around on the net. Alof of autoparts stores sell them, as do many electronic retailers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A power inverter is a box that converts 12v dc to 110v for use with small appliances like video games and such. Check around on the net. Alof of autoparts stores sell them, as do many electronic retailers.
Ramos to make sure Im getting this right the inverter would turn the 110v plug into a 12v plug to run to the battery??

Is that all I would need to complete the hook up?

If he already has screens etc....It shoudl be fairly simple and straight forward. A/V outputs from teh x-box to the inputs on the head unit or control module or switch (whichever is closest and easiest to get to and will provide an audio feed to the amps etc....) Get the power inverter and run it off of an empty spot in the fuse panel unless you get one that can direct connect to battery or distribution block. Run your signals to the locations and enjoy.

Yeah, but is it the OEM head unit, if so he'll need an FM mod. Or if it's and Alpine or Kenwood, he can probably pick up the adapter to turn the changer input into an aux input.......

Ok here goes what I know he has in his car.......Hu jvc kd-s580, 2 5.6 Power Acoustik PT567MH screens...can you help now better?

Originally posted by Jeremy jl fan Ok here goes what I know he has in his car.......Hu jvc kd-s580, 2 5.6 Power Acoustik PT567MH screens...can you help now better?
Am not familiar with this head unit, but if he already has the screens hooked up are they running thru the H/U already? If it is running thru the head unit already, is it running thru a switch or not? Typically, tho again I am unfamiliar with these screens the screen will have ain input and an output. (tho not all will have this) You can run to the input and daisy chain them if this is the case or if you have a switch in place it is simple enough to run the input signal from the xbox to the switch. I am going to do a little bit more reseach and see if I can find some info on these specific units and get back to you, but this may be enough to help for right now.

Alaxan,

Thanks for the help, but I still need more....You can find the cd player and screen on ikesound.com...No the screens are not hooked up yet he wants me to hook it all up at once....the cd player is just a single cd player.......any ideas?? He just wants the screens in his car with the xbox hooked up to them to play...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.