Alarms

Participant count
  • Participant list

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
I was looking at getting this alarm:

Viper 5706 5706V 2 Way Car Alarm Remote Start Key Less Entry LCD Pager 5704V | eBay

My mom was like: "You don't need an alarm".

I disagree. Not tryna get my shit jacked.

Anyways, I'm looking for an alarm that alerts my phone via text if my vehicle is broken into. I do not need remote start. Would like something with a keyfob that can lock/unlock my doors when it arms/disarms my alarm.

Know any better options? I've got $480 right now, but below budget isn't a bad thing. Thanks!

Thats what i have in the truck, remote start and everything. Supposibly its a mile radius but the farthest i could turn the truck on and arm/disarm alarm from 4 blocks away(roughly half a mile) planning on buying thw gps module for it sometime. Only part i dont like the buttons press really easily. My keys always press the remote turn on button and the truck turns on. Other than that i like it

Thats what i have in the truck, remote start and everything. Supposibly its a mile radius but the farthest i could turn the truck on and arm/disarm alarm from 4 blocks away(roughly half a mile) planning on buying thw gps module for it sometime. Only part i dont like the buttons press really easily. My keys always press the remote turn on button and the truck turns on. Other than that i like it
Cool, does it send an alert to the pager? If so, does it just beep or something? Can it send an alert to your phone?

A half mile is fine for me. Can it lock and unlock your doors with the keyfob?

Yea when the alarm sounds the pager vibrates and rings like crazy, its actually annoying because it takes a few clicks before it shuts down. And yea if you get the app and pay for the service your phone can be your remote. And yea if your vehicle has power locks itll do it, and if not just get the lock actuator conversion kit from amazon or something thats what i have and its worked fine for 3 years now

Yea when the alarm sounds the pager vibrates and rings like crazy, its actually annoying because it takes a few clicks before it shuts down. And yea if you get the app and pay for the service your phone can be your remote. And yea if your vehicle has power locks itll do it, and if not just get the lock actuator conversion kit from amazon or something thats what i have and its worked fine for 3 years now
Thank you very much!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

adulbrich

5,000+ posts
Olive oil un-virginer
adulbrich
Ames, Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date