alarm will not shut off/ can't start car

rubicon
10+ year member

I have a 2001 Tacoma which has an alarm in it that was installed by the previous owner. It have no key fobs but it never gave me trouble until yesterday when I disconnected the battery to put in a new deck. Now my car will not start and every time I open or close a door the alarm sounds.

I have heard that taking out the fuse should disable it but I have no idea where the fuse could be hidden. I have the kill switch but it doesn't seem to work.

Any thoughts/ideas on what to do to disable the alarm? (I don't mind if it renders the thing useless.)

Is there a small black pushbutton anywhere? If there is, try this: put your key in the ignition, turn it to "run", turn it off again, then press and release the button.

Thanks for the quick replies. I took off the bottom part of the dash and the kick panel and I think I found the brain. Now I'm still trying to locate the fuse.

should be a small automotive fuse....while you are down there you might as well reconnect your starter wire....it should be the heavy guage wire coming frm you key cylinder thats cut in half and run through the alarm

Here is a shot of the brain. I'm not sure what is going on with the wires.

my.php

I unplugged the wires and waaaalaaaa no more alarm and the car still starts. I guess this should work for now. Thanks pimpedout97x. Now if my car explodes tomorrow, I'll also have you to thank. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I unplugged the wires and waaaalaaaa no more alarm and the car still starts. I guess this should work for now. Thanks pimpedout97x. Now if my car explodes tomorrow, I'll also have you to thank. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
lawl:laugh:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.