MMMMMM HID+retrofit kit= sexy1

bumpin_blazer
5,000+ posts

Only the Strong Survive
Austin,TX
so i did an HID and retrofit and angel eyes install on my 06' 6s this weekend. Other than accidently focking up the angel eyes harness the install went well and i can say i love HID's. i don't think i'll ever not have a car with HID's again. pics are coming within 24 hours.

i bought bosche e46 projectors and an apexcone 6000K 35w HID kit. the angel eyes were a completly different thing and still aren't working as I have a bad ballast for them. i'll go take some pics in a minute and post em' up.

the HID's on the MS6 are a lower quality IMO and only a 4500k color temp. i went for 6000k so i could match them to my fog lights. also, the angel eyes i have did come with an inverter not a ballast i used the wrong term, one for each side.

not to jack your thread or anything, but my friend has an hid set he's willing to sell to me. he paid i think $250 for it, and it includes the hids, ballasts, and harness. only thing is it wont have the high beams. so do some hid sets come with high beams? he was telling me i can get some silverwhites or something and itll be much cheaper than going all out.

not to jack your thread or anything, but my friend has an hid set he's willing to sell to me. he paid i think $250 for it, and it includes the hids, ballasts, and harness. only thing is it wont have the high beams. so do some hid sets come with high beams? he was telling me i can get some silverwhites or something and itll be much cheaper than going all out.
Not sure about your question, sorry... but he's probably referring to Sylvania Silverstars... they're very nice bulbs, it's what I run until I can afford to do an HID retrofit.

Not sure about your question, sorry... but he's probably referring to Sylvania Silverstars... they're very nice bulbs, it's what I run until I can afford to do an HID retrofit.
yeah he was saying i could use the hyperwhites or something. not sure of the exact name, but i think they are the silverstars. but let me reword my question, do hid kits normally come with high beams? (the one i might buy does not have high beams)

depends on the care for silverstars, i've known 3 people who've had them blow up or burn out quickly in their car. on the high beam topic, the only way to get a high beam in HID's is with a bi-xenon projector. HID's shouldn't be turned on/off rapidly as it's bad for the ballast and bulb and can cause you issues over time.

as far as pics, i do apologize for not getting them thus far as I've not wanted to take pics until i figured out the angel eye dilemma. i found out today that the bigger one's i have that go on my high beam are out on both sides:(. the other one's work and i'll get pics of the setup asap. thank god for lifetime warranty lol.

the HID's on the MS6 are a lower quality IMO and only a 4500k color temp. i went for 6000k so i could match them to my fog lights. also, the angel eyes i have did come with an inverter not a ballast i used the wrong term, one for each side.

Only a 4500k? thats what all factory hid's are..... as far as quality, never heard of ms6, so won't comment

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bumpin_blazer

5,000+ posts
Only the Strong Survive
bumpin_blazer
Austin,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date