alarm install/what all is need for parts?

jrouter76
10+ year member

jrouter76
I have a 1996 Bonneville Se that i`m going to install a Viper 791 w/remote start, my question is what parts do I need to complete the install, parts like type bypass, relays...etc.. I will be doing trunk relase and door locks and possible windows roll up I will be adding a class sensor later...any help will be appreciated..btw i have some exp.installing alarms.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

You need to order parts for the trunk release and auto windows. Don't know the exact name.. solenoid is what it's called for the trunk release. You will also need butt connectors and t-taps.

You need to order parts for the trunk release and auto windows. Don't know the exact name.. solenoid is what it's called for the trunk release. You will also need butt connectors and t-taps.
t-taps i think are not recommended when installing alarms becuase they have a way of losing contact with vibration.

if you have experience installing them, why are you asking what you will need //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

lol X2 ^

take it too a shop before u cut wires u dont know what u are doing... and yes u need a bypass/ and modules are needed for window roll down. and for trunk pop!

You are gonna need a pair of relays for your doorlocks, a relay for trunk release, both of those are dependant on the vehicle already having power trunk and power locks. You are gona need a relay for the bypass as well. You will need resistors that add up to the value of the resistor in the key. You are gonna need screws to mount the siren and ground the brain. you are gonna need SOLDER and tape, no butt conectors or T-taps on any self respecting installers jobs. That should be everything special, and then your other things like drill bits, screwdrivers etc etc etc.

if you have experience installing them, why are you asking what you will need //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I see you did`nt read my first post clearly, I said some exp. which means not totaly...therefore thats why I`m asking...do you know everything I need or are you just curious.

You are gonna need a pair of relays for your doorlocks, a relay for trunk release, both of those are dependant on the vehicle already having power trunk and power locks. You are gona need a relay for the bypass as well. You will need resistors that add up to the value of the resistor in the key. You are gonna need screws to mount the siren and ground the brain. you are gonna need SOLDER and tape, no butt conectors or T-taps on any self respecting installers jobs. That should be everything special, and then your other things like drill bits, screwdrivers etc etc etc.
thanks for the info, well received.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif forgot car has power locks and power trunk.

12volts red + ignition harness

Starter yellow + ignition harness

Ignition pink + ignition harness

Power Lock red/black - either door boot

Power Unlock orange/black - either door boot

Lock Motor gray drivers door boot

Unlock Motor tan drivers door boot

Disarm Defeat tan passengers kick panel

Parking Lights+ brown low in drivers kick panel

Parking Lights- gray/black headlight switch

Hazards

Turn Signal(L)

Turn Signal®

Door Trigger tan & dk.blue -

Dome Supervision lt. green/black - BCM

Trunk/Hatch Pin orange/black - at the trunk light or switch

Hood Pin

Trunk/Hatch Release black/white + low in drivers kick panel

Power Sliding Door

Factory Alarm Arm

Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green - either door boot

Disarm No Unlock

Tachometer pur/wht or white ac ignition module

Horn Trigger black - steering column

12volts red + ignition harness Starter yellow + ignition harness

Ignition pink + ignition harness

Power Lock red/black - either door boot

Power Unlock orange/black - either door boot

Lock Motor gray drivers door boot

Unlock Motor tan drivers door boot

Disarm Defeat tan passengers kick panel

Parking Lights+ brown low in drivers kick panel

Parking Lights- gray/black headlight switch

Hazards

Turn Signal(L)

Turn Signal®

Door Trigger tan & dk.blue -

Dome Supervision lt. green/black - BCM

Trunk/Hatch Pin orange/black - at the trunk light or switch

Hood Pin

Trunk/Hatch Release black/white + low in drivers kick panel

Power Sliding Door

Factory Alarm Arm

Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green - either door boot

Disarm No Unlock

Tachometer pur/wht or white ac ignition module

Horn Trigger black - steering column
are there any relays needed for the door locks and also are the red/blk and org/blk wires the ones i need to tap into or are there other wires involved to get the keylees entry to work i have had trouble in this area, this is the only area that gives me trouble everything else i have no problem at all.

are there any relays needed for the door locks and also are the red/blk and org/blk wires the ones i need to tap into or are there other wires involved to get the keylees entry to work i have had trouble in this area, this is the only area that gives me trouble everything else i have no problem at all.
Doorlocks do have to be driven by a relay(s). Did your 791 come with a 451m relay pack? little black box with a ribbon cable and five wires coming off it?

And the red/black and orange/black are the only wires you need. be sure to test the wires first before you hook anything up to them.

Doorlocks do have to be driven by a relay(s). Did your 791 come with a 451m relay pack? little black box with a ribbon cable and five wires coming off it?

And the red/black and orange/black are the only wires you need. be sure to test the wires first before you hook anything up to them.
no it did`nt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.