Alarm help! Stuck going off

Participant count
  • Participant list

kr15
5,000+ posts

Polluting Residentials
California
Well, long story short. My 2000 saturn has a factory alarm that I was unaware of. I recently purchased this car and it didnt include any type of alarm keychain or anything. The alarm light has never flashed or anything to make me think that either it worked or was installed...Well today I was running new power wire so I disconnected the terminals obviously to do this. Once i was finished I rehooked up the battery terminals only to trigger the alarm. I have no keypad to disarm it. It has been stuck in alarm mode for a few hours. And due to this, i cant start my car .Can I manually disarm the alarm or something? The alternative is taking it to a GM dealer and paying a few hundred dollars (I have been googling all afternoon). I am trying to avoid that for a shitt asss alarm that I dont even use.

Car is a 2000 Saturn sl1. Any help is GREATLy appreciated

you sure its the factory alarm and not an aftermarket?? try turning the key in the drivers door? also, many GM's when their passlock goes whack and prevents you from starting (may be related) if you leave the key in the ignition and ON for 15 or so minutes it will overide the system. worth a shot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.