Aftermarket Install Nightmare

Participant count
  • Participant list

silvabelz

CarAudio.com Newbie
:mad::mad::mad:
Hope someone can help me with this one.

I have a 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL and want to install a Kenwood Excelon DDX6906S head unit.

I have every adapter needed for install EXCEPT the ones that change the factory USB cables into USB male
plugs.

My question is: Are there adapters for this application or am I driving myself nuts looking for something
that doesn't exist?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

20191018_091438.jpg
20191018_091429.jpg

It looks to me there are already adapters on those usb cords. Try removing them via the push tab, I’m betting there are male usb plugs inside those adapters.
If that’s not the case, and you can’t find what you need, just run new usb cords, but I’m pretty sure you won’t need to. The top picture is a dead giveaway.

Last edited:
It looks to me there are already adapters on those usb cords. Try removing them via the push tab, I’m betting there are male usb plugs inside those adapters.
If that’s not the case, and you can’t find what you need, just run new usb cords, but I’m pretty sure you won’t need to. The top picture is a dead giveaway.

I wish I could say that you are right... But I can't.

Opened up the dash again today and triple checked.
The ends are more like 4 pin connectors in a 2 by 2 pattern, although it does look like usb plugs from
the side.

Unless someone else has a solution I'm gonna have to run new lines. Hate to disassemble a brand new car, but I want what I want. DAMMIT!!!
Thanks for the quick response :)

People don't void their warranties right after buying a new car? That's weird... lol

But it's just a USB cable going to an aftermarket headunit. I don't know what warranty would cover that or what it could screw up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.