Aftermarket Battery Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

mel13fdip
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
DE
Hey Everyone

I just recently bought a 2001 Vovlo S40 - 4 dr sedan that has a factory battery in it. I am looking to purchase an aftermarket battery for it but so far nothing will fit due to the set up being different than American cars, the cables are shorter and the terminals are curved not straight. My other car a 2002 Saturn has an Optima Redtop that fits perfectly but my other brand new Optima with dual side and top posts will not fit. Does anyone else have a Volvo or suggestions as to what will fit? I called Optima and they said they do not have/make anything that will fit so am open to suggestions.

The car has a Kenwood head unit, sub/amp, aftermarket alarm w/remote start, and will have new speakers so I want to make sure it has a strong enough battery to power it all.

Thanks,

Mel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.