After some advice!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thanks! Looks like a $1000 dollar upgrade the 2compared to 240 for another yellow top. You think it would be that much better?

You could just wait till Black Friday to snag a North Star AGM 31, or even just wait till Black Friday to grab a limitless lithium. If you feel like you may want to end up going bigger, a limitless lithium 15ah is only a hundred or 2 more than a group 31 and is about the equivalent to 1.5 31’s..

I currently have 1 l715 with a cxa 1200 pushing it. I have a 12v yellow top. I plan on adding a 2nd l7. Will the one battery be enough?
Optima batteries have gone downhill in the last 10 years or so. Also you may do better selling your kicker amp and buying a larger amp to drive both subs when you get your second one. It'll be a lot easier than trying to gain match two amps and you can probably get something that makes 3000W for the price you're going to pay MSRP for Kicker 1200.1.

Optima batteries have gone downhill in the last 10 years or so. Also you may do better selling your kicker amp and buying a larger amp to drive both subs when you get your second one. It'll be a lot easier than trying to gain match two amps and you can probably get something that makes 3000W for the price you're going to pay MSRP for Kicker 1200.1.

Which amp would you suggest?

You could just wait till Black Friday to snag a North Star AGM 31, or even just wait till Black Friday to grab a limitless lithium. If you feel like you may want to end up going bigger, a limitless lithium 15ah is only a hundred or 2 more than a group 31 and is about the equivalent to 1.5 31’s..
I like the idea of lith! Thanks!

Which amp would you suggest?
Taramps "Smart 3K" seems to be a huge forum boner lately. Ideally buy from Amazon or eBay and grab the 3rd party warranty because Brazilian build quality and service can be hit or miss. Probably the best bang for the buck on the market today.

Sundown is making a very affordable 3k in their FBA series where you get better build quality and solid warranty coverage. OR Soundqubed 2200.1 is a tried and true Korean half bridge design which is know to take some abuse and perform as advertised. Might also check out Wolfram, they're the latest brand to slap their brand name on the heatsink of the same stuff from Korea that everyone else is selling but since they're the new kid on the block they're still dropping their drawers on the profit margins so probably some deals to be had there.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kicker, their amps have always been reliable, make rated power, and they have their own R&D and proprietary designs but if you're not buying refurb or know a dealer or something it's a bit spendy at MSRP. Oh, and if you're just loyal to kicker and have deep pockets their new 2400W one does look pretty sick:

Taramps "Smart 3K" seems to be a huge forum boner lately. Ideally buy from Amazon or eBay and grab the 3rd party warranty because Brazilian build quality and service can be hit or miss. Probably the best bang for the buck on the market today.

Sundown is making a very affordable 3k in their FBA series where you get better build quality and solid warranty coverage. OR Soundqubed 2200.1 is a tried and true Korean half bridge design which is know to take some abuse and perform as advertised. Might also check out Wolfram, they're the latest brand to slap their brand name on the heatsink of the same stuff from Korea that everyone else is selling but since they're the new kid on the block they're still dropping their drawers on the profit margins so probably some deals to be had there.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kicker, their amps have always been reliable, make rated power, and they have their own R&D and proprietary designs but if you're not buying refurb or know a dealer or something it's a bit spendy at MSRP. Oh, and if you're just loyal to kicker and have deep pockets their new 2400W one does look pretty sick:

I really appreciate the reply! Im a loyalist that doesnt mind kickers refurbished stuff. Ill look it to your suggestions!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.