After Market speakers (triton) sound way too harsh

Take it back to the installer and ask them to adjust and figure out why they sound too harsh. Pulling a door panel is easy but every vehicle is different in how they mount, some are bolted, some have push in clips and so on. Or look it up on youtube for your year, model and trim installed.

I agree that you should attempt to take it back to the installer and see if he can (and will) attempt to adjust it more to your liking. However, I'd say this was your first hard lesson in Audio. Never purchase speakers without first taking time to listen to them, and do so with music your well familiar with.

The real problem here I suspect is the Type of tweeters the Triton's use. The vast majority fall into one of two categories: Hard Dome and Soft Dome. Some people (myself included) find many Hard Dome tweeters (typically a Metal Cone material) to be Harsh sounding. It's the resonance sound of the metal itself. Toning down the tweeters will help a little, but you can't EQ out that resonance tone.

This is why whenever someone asks what kind of speakers they should buy I ALWAYS recommend going out and listening for themselves. No one can tell you what will sound good To You.

I agree that you should attempt to take it back to the installer and see if he can (and will) attempt to adjust it more to your liking. However, I'd say this was your first hard lesson in Audio. Never purchase speakers without first taking time to listen to them, and do so with music your well familiar with.

The real problem here I suspect is the Type of tweeters the Triton's use. The vast majority fall into one of two categories: Hard Dome and Soft Dome. Some people (myself included) find many Hard Dome tweeters (typically a Metal Cone material) to be Harsh sounding. It's the resonance sound of the metal itself. Toning down the tweeters will help a little, but you can't EQ out that resonance tone.

This is why whenever someone asks what kind of speakers they should buy I ALWAYS recommend going out and listening for themselves. No one can tell you what will sound good To You.
i’ve fixed the harshness problem now i’m just working on tuning them to sound perfect to my ear. my issue now is on some notes the bass in the door speakers would start to distort even when i have it all the way down on the equalizer. Should i mess with the cross overs on the amp such as gain and the eq?

set the eq to flat, raise the crossover point for your mid all the way up. play some Bass Mekanik turned up as loud as youll ever listen to it or until it starts to sound bad. then, slowly start lowering the crossover point until its too low, then raise it a hair

you gotta play around with it until it sounds best

80hz is a good starting point

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...