Aeroport

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brian21699

Senior VIP Member
I'm looking to put a port in my box. I have approximately 1.51 cubic feet of airspace, would a 3" external port tuned to 32 hertz have port noise? And I'm also building a box for a friend, and am using an aeroport for his as well. He has 1.8 cubic feet after woofer displacement. Would a 3" port tuned to 34 hertz have port noise?

I have used single 4" aeros in many 2 cube boxes without any issues with port noise. If ur planning external give it a try and if u find u have an issue swicth to 4". All that being said I dont believe ur gonna have a problem with the smaller of the 2 boxes u mentioned. Keep in mind Straight pvc pipe is not an "aero", and that the flared ends of the aero help with velocity/noise.

I have used single 4" aeros in many 2 cube boxes without any issues with port noise. If ur planning external give it a try and if u find u have an issue swicth to 4". All that being said I dont believe ur gonna have a problem with the smaller of the 2 boxes u mentioned. Keep in mind Straight pvc pipe is not an "aero", and that the flared ends of the aero help with velocity/noise.
Would it not being flared affect the sound?

I use sonic electronix but they are usually sold out so u gotta think quick when they are in stock and buy several if u can afford them. usually less than 10bucks apiece for the 4" and I think its like 6.99 for the 3". U can also check out precision sound ports from Parts Express.

I'm looking to put a port in my box. I have approximately 1.51 cubic feet of airspace, would a 3" external port tuned to 32 hertz have port noise? And I'm also building a box for a friend, and am using an aeroport for his as well. He has 1.8 cubic feet after woofer displacement. Would a 3" port tuned to 34 hertz have port noise?
Is this for a 10" sub? If you're gonna use a 3" aeroport, use flared. If not, 4" straight would work too. I would also suggest using precision port from partsexpress. Products Menu use this to calculate tuning.

Mine is for an SA12 running 1000 watts. His is for a Fosgate P2 12 running about 600
You can maybe get away with no port noise on the 3" flared but if you're really worried about it, I would go 4". I would make the SA 12 box 2.0 cu ft if possible to get the most out of it. 4" aero would be louder as well. If you're limited on space, just make the box alittle bigger and put the port on the inside of the box. What's the max dimensions you can work with? Is 1.51 cu ft the absolute most you can squeeze in?

THE PSYCHOACOUSTICS PSYCHOPORT

He will make you a port to whatever specifications you need. He will also tell you what you need if you give him your tech info, Sub box volume available, tuning, etc.

He is not the cheapest, but in my opinion the best quality, with excellent, personal service. Besides Bill there is several online resources the help you figure out aero port tuning.

You can maybe get away with no port noise on the 3" flared but if you're really worried about it, I would go 4". I would make the SA 12 box 2.0 cu ft if possible to get the most out of it. 4" aero would be louder as well. If you're limited on space, just make the box alittle bigger and put the port on the inside of the box. What's the max dimensions you can work with? Is 1.51 cu ft the absolute most you can squeeze in?
1.51 is the max. I'm working with a single cab truck, and I'm not doing a blow through. Yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.