aeroport help

Participant count
  • Participant list

BASS_WARRIOR
10+ year member

Formerly HATCHET_WARRIOR
H-town
Im looking at build a new box for my SE and I was wondering what the advantages/dis-advantages of using a 3" areoport compared to ones with a bigger diameter. I ask because using the calculator on the PSP website a 3" is the biggest I can use because of the length it would have to be. Any advice would help:D

its a fact of life...the bigger the port lesser the noise but requires length...why not use pvc pipes and if u cant put them in the box full length, make a 'chimney'...wont look much but they are cheap as hell and u wont feel bad cutting them, experimenting with the lengths till u hit the jackpot...

what size box is this and what tuning? what size sub?

enclosure volume, tuning, and port area, all help determine how long the port will need to be. if you can sacrifice a little higher tuning or add a little more volume, you might be able to get away with it.

Its a 10" SE and the volume would be around 1.3cft after displacement. tuning would be at 34hz. The volume and tuning I'm getting off of the RE site.

how much xmax does the sub have and how much power will it be given?

you might be able to get away with a 3 inch port with both ends flared.

i have my Dayton ten in a ported box with a 3 inch port with a flare on each end and i don't have any port noise.

the port is still half external though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.