Advice wanted on first (modest) upgrades

Participant count
  • Participant list

JohnBKNY

CarAudio.com Newbie
First post, first step into car audio. Thanks for looking - I welcome all feedback.
Want to upgrade the stock (non-JBL) system in a 2019 Prius. Money is a bit tight, so I def won't be doing cool stuff like a lot of you! Thinking of working with Crutchfield because I know nothing and their user guides and guided accessory part recs sound super helpful.
SPEAKERS Definitely replacing stock. They suggested replacing door speakers with Focal ACX 165 2-ways, and tweeters with Focal TWU 1.5. Thinking of one indulgence: switching out Focal tweeters for Audiofrog GW25 2.5" mid/high's up front.
RECEIVER Not going with external amp etc. for now. Is it worth it to replace stock head unit with their recommended Kenwood DMX4707S? Other (possibly Crutchfield stocked) options?

First post, first step into car audio. Thanks for looking - I welcome all feedback.
Want to upgrade the stock (non-JBL) system in a 2019 Prius. Money is a bit tight, so I def won't be doing cool stuff like a lot of you! Thinking of working with Crutchfield because I know nothing and their user guides and guided accessory part recs sound super helpful.
SPEAKERS Definitely replacing stock. They suggested replacing door speakers with Focal ACX 165 2-ways, and tweeters with Focal TWU 1.5. Thinking of one indulgence: switching out Focal tweeters for Audiofrog GW25 2.5" mid/high's up front.
RECEIVER Not going with external amp etc. for now. Is it worth it to replace stock head unit with their recommended Kenwood DMX4707S? Other (possibly Crutchfield stocked) options?
The Sony 4000 s a very good sounding HU. One of the few HiRes units at that price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...