advice pz jl W0 v W3

rioje93
10+ year member

Main question is , i listen to mostly rap and rnb, how much better is the w3 oppose to the w0 . quailty? hard hitting lows? etc. does a W0 still have the Jl quailty? i know the W3 is better and maybe a little louder, but for the dollar how close is the W0? Can i build my box to spec for the jl w3 12 , and put my W0 in it in case i dont like the w0 i can upgrade to the w3. by that i mean , i know a to small box for the sub mounted on it is no good, flat ugly beats. can you build a box to big as well and lose potential? or would it sound the same as if i built it to spec for the w0. kinda new at this. would appreciate some feedback! thanks.

2 12inch dcons in a 4cube box ported low will take up a good bit of room and if u want to take up more room 2 15s in 6cubes ported low will sound good. im just assuming u want a low cost low power system that will sound good ad get decently loud. the jl will sound really good but will be quiet where as the dcon will sound just as good but get louder.

plus u cant beat american made products. there store has other good equipment anything on that site is better than the jl

WO ***** W3 would get louder and sound way better and lower..but there is better than jl. you should lookl into incriminator audio, dc audio, ssa, skar. those are the top ones right now.

My buddy kept on me to just trust him an i would be satisfied . so im going to find out. i got two WoV3 12 jls. gonna be powered by kenwood 1000 wat d mono amp. (cheap yes but heard good reviews and as far as ampage its enough.) with a premade to spec for jl 12 w0-3 what do you think bout this box?premade to spec for jl 12 w0-3 looks pretty legit i think espically for 70$. check out slide show. has inside of box pic Amazon.com: R/T 300 Enclosure Series (328-12 JL) - Dual 12" Slot Vented Sub Bass Hatchback Speaker Box with Labyrinth Power Port for JL Audio Subs: Car Electronics

My buddy kept on me to just trust him an i would be satisfied . so im going to find out. i got two WoV3 12 jls. gonna be powered by kenwood 1000 wat d mono amp. (cheap yes but heard good reviews and as far as ampage its enough.) with a premade to spec for jl 12 w0-3 what do you think bout this box?premade to spec for jl 12 w0-3 looks pretty legit i think espically for 70$. check out slide show. has inside of box pic Amazon.com: R/T 300 Enclosure Series (328-12 JL) - Dual 12" Slot Vented Sub Bass Hatchback Speaker Box with Labyrinth Power Port for JL Audio Subs: Car Electronics
Your buddy just screwed you with no lube. Freinds dont let freinds buy JL junk.. W6 and W7 and / amps are the only good products they have

shouldve went with my suggestion. sigh well we cant help them all i suppose. i also agree with what was said above. u bought overpriced crap. checkout ssa when u realize that your buddy was wrong and save yourself some money next time

shouldve went with my suggestion. sigh well we cant help them all i suppose. i also agree with what was said above. u bought overpriced crap. checkout ssa when u realize that your buddy was wrong and save yourself some money next time
There's absolutely nothing wrong with JL products. I've dealt with JL since the 90's and I cannot remember a 'bad' product. JL's have their own timbre to them and are very well engineered products. I actually prefer them over the overhyped woofers that need 1000's of watts to make noise. While it's nice to have choices between different products, that does not mean what you do not like/enjoy is poor. In addition, I really doubt many other speaker manufacturers have the engineering power or experience as some of the folks over at JL. That's certainly the case when it comes to amps anyway.

Some on this board do not like JL b/c it's not the right 'brand' or it does not fit their application (SPL). Aside from that, I don't think anyone here or on another board has grounds to call JL 'garbage' or 'junk'. At their price point, they're very good woofers...always have been.

Over a decade ago, the original W6 sold for $299. Many called it overpriced junk back then, yet JL sold many. They still sound great and many are still 100% operational today. Their woofers have only gotten better while the price:performance ratio has gotten much lower. And yes, people can hear the difference once they look past specs & what they've read on an internet forum. JL's have a unique sound and don't need a lot of power to get going; very few subs today can do the same while still sounding great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.