Advice on small system

silverspace
10+ year member

Missouri
Need some help from people that know far more than I do on car audio. I have a dodge ram quad cab 2007 and about to put a small, but high quality system in it. After listening to a few brands it seemed JL audio worked out the best (uneducated opinion) Went to a few JL audio dealers to quote 2 pairs of components in the front, 1 full range in the back - 1 stealthbox 10" in the back with two amps. (keeping factory head unit)

Price quoted by dealer, i thought was high ($3800)

Question? Dealer prices on all items were considerably higher with high installation charges but found same items on onlinecarstereo.com were much lower. JL audio claims they don't support internet merchants selling their products, so am I stuck paying higher prices with the dealer? Subsequently I can't find anyone who will install internet purchased items, and I don't have the time or expertise to install.

Any help?

yup.....first thing is scratch everything you think you know about car audio....start reading the threads here and prepare to be educated

so what would be recommended? buy online and find someone to install or just try it myself with very limited car audio installation knowledge?

so would you say that onlinecarstereo.com is a reputable online merchant? JL audio.com claims that online merchants will sell "unauthorized" or "used" items that are portayed as being new. Is this just b.s.?

where in Missouri are you? if you're close enough, pay me for gas and $150 for install and I'll do speakers, amps, subs and an hu for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm roughly 5 hours from St. Louis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.