Advice on setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

jaysexxin
10+ year member

Hi everyone,

I'm not new to car audio but it's been a while since my last install.

I recently bought an SUV and I'm planning on upgrading the system. I'm going from a Single cab Tacoma that's running an active setup.

I know I'm going with DEH-80PRS and HAT Imagines and a sub but I'm in a bit of a dilemma...

Active or passive? Leaning towards active. If I go active... I assume the rear speakers wont be used. Is there anyone running an active set up that use both front and rear speakers? Again, I come from a single cab truck so I've never had rear speakers.

Imagines - coaxial or component set up? Anyone have experience with both?

I'll have follow up questions based on everyone's answers. Thanks in advance!

the back speakers are considered fillers, i wont go crazy on the back speakers but it will be good to have a 4 channel amp to run your doors

can i still go active and have back speakers? will a 4 channel be enough since the highs and the mids in the front will take up all 4 channels?

the back speakers are considered fillers, i wont go crazy on the back speakers but it will be good to have a 4 channel amp to run your doors

can i still go active and have back speakers? will a 4 channel be enough since the highs and the mids in the front will take up all 4 channels?
how many speakers are you doing, ussually if you do 8 ohms speakers and a 4 channel amp than can go down to 2 ohm, you can put a lot more speakers on that 4 channel

how many speakers are you doing, ussually if you do 8 ohms speakers and a 4 channel amp than can go down to 2 ohm, you can put a lot more speakers on that 4 channel
I plan on getting HAT Imagines for the front and setting them up as components. I dont know what to get for rear fillers. Should I get coaxials or just mids? Any suggestions?

If I do get a 4 channel, how will it be wired?

2 channels for the tweeters and the other 2 channels divided up by the front and rear mids? Sorry if this sounds wrong - not exactly sure how to set this up.

what i did was a small 2 channel for the tweets and another 4 channel for my doors, my rear doors are 6.5 so i did the pyle ppa6 which is $10 bucks each in parts express and they are loud

I plan on getting HAT Imagines for the front and setting them up as components. I dont know what to get for rear fillers. Should I get coaxials or just mids? Any suggestions?
If I do get a 4 channel, how will it be wired?

2 channels for the tweeters and the other 2 channels divided up by the front and rear mids? Sorry if this sounds wrong - not exactly sure how to set this up.
just d mids for the rear fill ran off the deck power if you can. otherwise you may need a 2 channel amp and the 4 channel plus the sub amp

just d mids for the rear fill ran off the deck power if you can. otherwise you may need a 2 channel amp and the 4 channel plus the sub amp
if i do active, won't that mean that there is no more power coming from the deck and everything is through external amps?

if i do active, won't that mean that there is no more power coming from the deck and everything is through external amps?
the 80 prs ,then yes ,you'll need a 3rd amp .run the rca's to the amp for the mids and tweets ,if it has a pass thru then connect another set of rca's to the line out ,then to the other ,smaller , amp. then you can run active on the front and the full range on the rears

the 80 prs ,then yes ,you'll need a 3rd amp .run the rca's to the amp for the mids and tweets ,if it has a pass thru then connect another set of rca's to the line out ,then to the other ,smaller , amp. then you can run active on the front and the full range on the rears
Just thought of something..

How about this set up?

2 amps

1) 2 Channel amp to run the tweeters - RCA's from Front output on Headunit

2) 5 Channel amp to run the front mid, rear speakers, and sub. I'll use 2 Y splitters - 1 on Rear Left and 1 on Rear right so that 4 channels (2 for front mids, 2 for rear speakers) and the last channel for the sub

that would work ,but the y splitters will split the signal from the deck .if you do it like i said ,then that wont happen

What exactly does splitting the signal mean? Loss in quality? loss in volume?

I've been looking at amps on sonicelectronix and I've filtered them to only show amps with a pre-amp output/pass through and I'm looking at the pictures of the amps and I can't find the extra output.

For example -
xd7005.jpg
Where the hell is the pre-amp output/passthrough?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.