Advice on HU power 6x9

I'd toss my idea. Morel Maximo 69C coaxial speakers. Morel Maximo have reputation for good sq, specially if you can run them active, and for good sensitivity. I think they will sound ok of head unit power, just don't crank the volume too high.

I'd toss my idea. Morel Maximo 69C coaxial speakers. Morel Maximo have reputation for good sq, specially if you can run them active, and for good sensitivity. I think they will sound ok of head unit power, just don't crank the volume too high.
Think he is just looking for coaxials man...

I've never been a fan of Infinity tweets, so you'll most likely be using the attenuator on those. I think Infinity is being a little generous in its FR response, as well. Otherwise, they are spec'd scaringly similar to each other.
Well they are both made by Harmon and yes the tweets like my Perfects absolutely have to be attenuated. I have 2 pair of some 7 year old JBL 6x8's P6852(?) from the power series with that same cone material. One went bad so I dissected it. No attenuator on the tweet, cleaner but didn't do lows as good as my Pioneer TS-D6802'S

Well they are both made by Harmon and yes the tweets like my Perfects absolutely have to be attenuated. I have 2 pair of some 7 year old JBL 6x8's P6852(?) from the power series with that same cone material. One went bad so I dissected it. No attenuator on the tweet, cleaner but didn't do lows as good as my Pioneer TS-D6802'S
The TS-Ds are just a great set for the money across the board. the 6.5" comps come alive once you remove the passive crossovers and run them active.

The noob responses have been awesome recently, but alas... no fun can be had outside of the dome, lol.

OP, if you MUST upgrade the rear stage first and you have $100....

1)Get a cheap pair of planet audio, rockford, cadence, etc, etc, whatever, 6x9's for

2)Then get a cheap 2 channel amp with high level inputs (or a cheap loc, too) for

3)Get some cheap power wire and terminals with what's left. Should be enough there.

Just to add my 0.02... if i were to upgrade anything first, it would be the head unit. And then, the front speakers. Get that x396 in the classifieds(its $100), or another decent hu. Thats the best way to start, not with the rears. In fact, I uninstalled mine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.