Advice on HU, amp and sub...

Participant count
  • Participant list

krakkpt

minimalistechnophile
sweden
Hi there.

New to the forum and relative new to car audio.

I have an VW golf 3. Currently undergoing some styling. So while I'm at it at and not being able to drive it, I might aswell update the sound system I bought in a haste last summer.

I didn't really knew what I wanted so I bought 6.5" JBL 2 ways for the front doors and JBL T595 Limited 6x9" for the back. The 6x9's is powered by a RF punch 450.4 and the 6.5 and some old Lanzar tweeters are driven by the HU which is a Pioneer DEH-P5700MP. It has two pair of RCA outs.

The rear out goes to the RF. The front out goes to an 8" active GAS bass cabinet.

The HU and the Lanzars I had since earlier.

Now I want more! Better sound. Louder volumes. Deeper bass.

I'm thinking of getting rid of all of the above except the RF amp which will power the front system. The 6x9 will def. be sold! Not that they dont sound allright but I never sit in the backseat anyway.

The other JBLs and Lanzar and Pioneer HU will be installed in girlfriends car along with the Lanzars.

A new HU like the Clarion DXZ785USB, a PG RSD 1200.1 amp for the RSdC 10" sub and prob. DLS MS6A 6,5" kit.

Now for the questions...

1. HU good or should I choose another? 3 outs, time comp and usb... sounds good to me!

2. PG amp. Enough power for the RSdC 10" sub, but should I choose 2Ohm or 4Ohm sub?

3. The RF has RCA pass through. But what does goes through? Front, back or all? I'm on a budget and want to wait with the HU. Can I hook up the PG 1200.1 to the RF?

Oh, and by the way, music is mostly electronic dance music. Dubstep, techno and psytrance. Good produced, I mind you! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Looking for listening pleassure, but maybe not true SQ. Loud and full of bass but not truely SPL. SQL?

/krakkpt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.