Advice on 6.5" Comps

IrelandsFatTony
10+ year member

Alright everyone first post since finding these forums. I've been looking around a lot and am still very confused on what decision I should make. I've heard great things about RE, CDT, Diamond, etc. Just a little background info on what all I'll be running....

1996 Chevvy 2dr Tahoe

Head Unit: Crappy JVC Arsenal Series (Temporary)

Subwoofer: 15" RE XXX

Enclosure: 4ft^3 ported tuned to 30Hz

Sub Amp: Orion 2500D

Rear Fill: Stock (for now Kenwood KFC-K415C Coxials going in soon)

I'll be running the front components off of a JL 300/2. I don't like tweeters that are too harsh. My budget is pretty flexible I'd be willing to pay low $500.00 range for the set if they are worth the money. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the all the recomendations. I am like most noobs who for the most part only knew mainstream brands before starting to frequent some of these car audio forums. I finally got my XXX set-up last week so now its on to comps. Please keep other ideas coming.

Also if anyone knows a good online dealer that sells any of the mentioned products above for a nice price please link it. Thanks again to all.

Thanks for the all the recomendations. I am like most noobs who for the most part only knew mainstream brands before starting to frequent some of these car audio forums. I finally got my XXX set-up last week so now its on to comps. Please keep other ideas coming.
Also if anyone knows a good online dealer that sells any of the mentioned products above for a nice price please link it. Thanks again to all.

djdilliodon

AIM djdilliodon

email islandsound1@yahoo.com

Great guy to deal with, product comes with warranty. He knows his stuff.

Do a search on him.

djdilliodon
AIM djdilliodon

email islandsound1@yahoo.com

Great guy to deal with, product comes with warranty. He knows his stuff.

Do a search on him.
I talked to him and he suggested two pairs one of them being the HD62 which I had already been looking at. My question is that I hear a lot of people say that if your gonna go with CDT's upgrade the crossover and tweeter. I'm not big on harsh highs so I've decided to go with a silk tweeter. What tweeter and crossover should I upgrade to or should I just leave it the way it comes. Thanks again...

hey im planning to get CDT HD-62's when i decide to upgrade my component speakers.. what difference does upgrading the crossover and tweeter do and how would i go about doing that?

You can get ahold of almost any online seller or djdilldon to get any CDT component you need.

CDT seems very mix-match, I just ordered today, a Euroframe carbon fiber 6.5 inch midrange set, 560 x-over's and drt-26 tweeter in aluminum.

You can choose your tweeter, most of the time its silk. CDT has a very laid back tweeter from everyones words.

The HD-62 just has a beefier midbass, your overall going to want the 560 x-over and DRT-26 tweeter.

The x-over / tweeter upgrade will give you more audiophile x-over. I would recomend them,, its only like $50 more for the 560 X-over.

I got the euroframe because with 110w x 2, its the best set for me, if you have 150 x 2 your sittin alright with the euroframe or the HD set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.