Advice needed!

Participant count
  • Participant list

altima98
10+ year member

C.R.E.A.M.
Ok, here's the situation:

My friend recieves a citation to appear in court due to careless driving. According to him, he was attemping to make a left turn when a car behind him swevres around him (crossing the yellow line in the process), and they collide. The cop seems to believe that this happened: My friend attemped to make a u-turn in the right lane, while the oncoming car was traveling in the left lane, which caused the collision. This occurred at 1:30 in the morning, and there were no witnesses. He has to appear in court, and is curious as to what would happen. I honestly hope that he just has to pay a fine, and court fees, so that he can get this behind him. What do you guys think?

Ok, here's the situation:
My friend recieves a citation to appear in court due to careless driving. According to him, he was attemping to make a left turn when a car behind him swevres around him (crossing the yellow line in the process), and they collide. The cop seems to believe that this happened: My friend attemped to make a u-turn in the right lane, while the oncoming car was traveling in the left lane, which caused the collision. This occurred at 1:30 in the morning, and there were no witnesses. He has to appear in court, and is curious as to what would happen. I honestly hope that he just has to pay a fine, and court fees, so that he can get this behind him. What do you guys think?
he won't go to jail unless he's had numerous careless driving tickets, if that's what you're asking. every state is different, but it'll be a fine, court costs and in some states a class.

He has 2 points against his license, for a ticket back in January.
5 speeding tickets in 3 years and he only lost 2 points? that's some good plea bargaining. if that's the case, he'll be ok. maybe a fairly large fine.

As of now he has 2 points. All of the other points have fallen of his record. Also, taking a defense driving class restores 4 points to your record.

I think your friend is you. And by the looks of your avatar... the cop hates your friend because he's black. JK... I'm black so I can say things like that. Tell your friend to tell the judge, "I'll take a polygraph..." I've never tried that before. I had a similar experience with no accident involved. Like I said, I'm black and have been pulled over numerous times for ******** reasons.

Scenario:

I'm driving some friends home from a party. I don't drink alcohol, so I'm driving perfect. I look in my rearview and I see a cop. So I hightail... jk. I see him back there so I make sure I'm doing everything perfect. I have my seat belt on... I'm using turn signals.. Keeping a couple mph's under the speed limit. But he's following me. (This is a college town where I was a student mind you; Davis, CA.) I get in the left lane, put on my blinker, yield, then turn. He automatically throws on his lights. First he asks me a dumbass question:

Cop: do you know where you're going?

Me: Yes

Cop: You made a left turn from the right lane?

Me: No I didn't, I saw you back there so I made sure I was driving correctly

Cop: Have you been drinking?

Me: No, I don't drink.

Cop: I smell alcohol.

Me: I don't drink.

Cop: Step out of the car.

By this time I'm thinking this fool is about to Rodney King me. This fool proceeds to give me a sobriety test. Of course I pass because I DON'T DRINK!

Cop: Have you been smoking?

Me: No I don't smoke.

(Me Thinking: I have asthma, what the f*ck Imma smoke for)

Cop: Come on... not even a lil bit of weed?

(ME thinking... what the f*ck did he just say?)

I kept my cool though and he let me go. Just one of many DWBs. They always try to get a stir out of you to gain a reason to arrest you. I just wish I would have gotten his badge number.

I think your friend is you. And by the looks of your avatar... the cop hates your friend because he's black. JK... I'm black so I can say things like that. Tell your friend to tell the judge, "I'll take a polygraph..." I've never tried that before. I had a similar experience with no accident involved. Like I said, I'm black and have been pulled over numerous times for ******** reasons.
Scenario:

I'm driving some friends home from a party. I don't drink alcohol, so I'm driving perfect. I look in my rearview and I see a cop. So I hightail... jk. I see him back there so I make sure I'm doing everything perfect. I have my seat belt on... I'm using turn signals.. Keeping a couple mph's under the speed limit. But he's following me. (This is a college town where I was a student mind you; Davis, CA.) I get in the left lane, put on my blinker, yield, then turn. He automatically throws on his lights. First he asks me a dumbass question:

Cop: do you know where you're going?

Me: Yes

Cop: Have you been drinking

Me: No, I don't drink.

Cop: I smell alcohol.

Me: I don't drink.

Cop: Step out of the car.

This fool proceeds to give me a sobriety test. Of course I pass because I DON'T DRINK!

Cop: Have you been smoking?

Me: No I don't smoke.

(Thinking: I have asthma, what the **** Imma smoke for)

Cop: Come on... not even a lil bit of weed?

(ME thinking... what the **** did he just say?)

I kept my cool though and he let me go. Just one of many DWBs. They always try to get a stir out of you to gain a reason to arrest you. I just wish I would have gotten his badge number.
The friend is not me. I just told him that I would post something here, since he wanted some advice. I figured I would get some honest answers since so many people visit this forum.

Yeah. Unfortunately, It's his word against the cops; because cops are angels that do no wrong. I'd say best bet is to say a prayer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.