Flush head unit advice needed

shorty686

CarAudio.com Newbie
I was considering getting the DMH-W4660NEX to replace a bad OEM head unit in my 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid (with JBL speakers), but then I started seeing comments that Pioneer has quality issues. The Toyota service department was unable to update the software (which is the typical fix when the head unit resets continuously) and told me to replace the head unit. I wanted to get a head unit that was flush because I did not want the screen to cover up the vents (see the attached picture). The cost of a new OEM head unit is too much and I did not want to pay for a refurbished OEM head unit. If Pioneer head units have quality issues. I will chat with Crutchfield to make sure that I get all of the accessories to support the steering wheel controls, existing antenna, backup camera (iDatalink Maestro, harness, adapters, dash kit, etc.). Does anyone have any recommendations for head units similar to DMH-W4660NEX? I don't want to pay for someone to install the head unit and then have the head unit go bad shortly after the warranty expires.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 8.24.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 8.24.14 AM.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 22
I have not checked model numbers, but the next headunit I am to purchase will be be a Kenwood or JVC. Alpines are nice but not really a best bang for your buck candidate. As for Pioneer, I am done with the brand (radio).
Thanks for your reply. I already thought that Pioneer was not a good choice given that the auto shop that does stereo install work said that they no longer buy Pioneer head units for installs due to having too many problems with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...