Advice and opinions needed on new car audio setup!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

pavinjoseph

Hi everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif . This is my first thread and post here. Please forgive my noobish questions and mistakes while I'm here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

I'm buying car audio equipment for my new hatchback which gets delivered tomorrow.

I need help with buying new equipment and setting up the whole system for the best sound imaging / staging and clarity.

What I have already bought:

Head Unit : Pioneer-fhx369ub

Speakers : Focal Performance R-165 S2 Auditor 6.5" Component Speaker + Polk Audio - DB401 - 4" Coaxial Speaker

Amplifier : Sony XM-N1004 (4-channel, 70 W x 4 RMS)

I am hoping to set these up for the best sound staging and quality. My questions are :

1. How and where should I place these Speakers + Amp for optimum sound staging and quality?

2. Should I buy a Sub Woofer for more bass. I am not serious into SW's, just need a distinct clear thud from a powerful component rather than a vibrating car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

3. Should I buy more speakers for this setup? If so, which ones would go nicely with these above systems?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

P.S. About my car : It's a small hatchback with an l x b x h = 3600 x 1600 x 1560 (mm). The doors can hold only a 4" speaker. So I don't know if I can place the 6.5" components in them. The originally planned configuration for the 6.5" components was in the rear parcel tray and the 4" coaxials in the front doors.

Thanks for helping out a newbie:)

What kind of hatchback and what kind of budget?
It's a 4 door hatchback with the above said dimensions. I've already bought audio equipment that already stretched my limited budget but I'm planning an upgrade in another year or so.

Maruti-Suzuki-Celerio-Right-Front-Three-Quater-24459_l.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.