Adulbrich's next vehicle/build

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
So, My truck is getting rattled apart, and I don't want to totally wreck it. I'd rather not cut it and do a blow through. I also don't want to fully wall it and ruin the interior. Already broke the passenger interior door panel and other plastic trim from vibration :crap:

I want something cheap that I can throw all my subs/amps in. I want something future-proof that I can wreck with audio for the rest of my life.

I really like 2 door blazers. Especially 94's :yumyum:

The problem with them is I can't find any cheap :(

images

8229600003_large.jpg

Also considering a civic

images

I'm looking for a 2 door. I hate having two useless doors on my truck, haha.

I'm thinking hatchback, so I have lots of room.

Another priority is I need to be able to fit at least two alternators on it. Preferably large ones.

The 94' Blazer would be the perfect vehicle for me. Plenty of room, two door, and space for alternators.

Anyone know of cheap hatchbacks I could fit dual alts on? I'd like rear-wheel drive, but I understand I can't be too picky with cheap foreign cars.

What do yall' think?

@Louisiana_CRX;

Took one on my phone, but I now realize I'm a terrible camera-man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

The roof moves like crazy. It's awful.

I've got the inside of the passenger door held together with duct tape right now. Looks bad, I know.

I have a 87 integra and it gets really loud. 2 door hatch and actually looks good. No matte what subs I have put in it they got loud as balls. From a single mtx 9500 to a lms ultra in a small sealed box. My 5200 set up I ran for a good deal was loud and had good response. From mid 20hz up to 45 hz clean.

I may have a CRX for sale for fairly cheap soon...southern rust free car ...
Would that have enough room for two 18's? I wouldn't want to wall a CRX, because aren't they loud not walled? Can you fit two alts on them?

I have a 87 integra and it gets really loud. 2 door hatch and actually looks good. No matte what subs I have put in it they got loud as balls. From a single mtx 9500 to a lms ultra in a small sealed box. My 5200 set up I ran for a good deal was loud and had good response. From mid 20hz up to 45 hz clean.
Walled or not walled?

Here's a pic of my little Blazer ...Its stored in my warehouse where I sometimes work on it ...
variouspic1025.jpg
I'm not a fan of chrome rims...

What other vehicles you got? I;m sure I could pick up some chicks with that bug of yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Took one on my phone, but I now realize I'm a terrible camera-man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
The roof moves like crazy. It's awful.

I've got the inside of the passenger door held together with duct tape right now. Looks bad, I know.
you get that crazy twang going right above the rear dome light? pisses me off i need to figure out a way to brace the roof, not sure if deadening is going to stiffen it enough.

pulling **** out and putting it in a new vehicle is going to just continuously put you in a state where nothing is finished. youll keep cutting up different vehicles and dumping money in and im not sure if you'll ever stop lol thats my only concern here..

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Here's a pic of my little Blazer ...Its stored in my warehouse where I sometimes work on it ...
variouspic1025.jpg
nice warehouse, ghetto special?

you get that crazy twang going right above the rear dome light? pisses me off i need to figure out a way to brace the roof, not sure if deadening is going to stiffen it enough.
pulling **** out and putting it in a new vehicle is going to just continuously put you in a state where nothing is finished. youll keep cutting up different vehicles and dumping money in and im not sure if you'll ever stop lol thats my only concern here..
Yes, lots of movement by the rear dome light. The plexi wall is going there.

Besides drilling two holes in the corner of the bed (which were smaller drain holes), I haven't cut up my truck. I don't want to.

I want another vehicle I can cut up. Going to weld the passenger door of my next vehicle shut, all plexiglass windows/windsheild, and pout concrete on the floor

Yes, lots of movement by the rear dome light. The plexi wall is going there.
Besides drilling two holes in the corner of the bed (which were smaller drain holes), I haven't cut up my truck. I don't want to.

I want another vehicle I can cut up. Going to weld the passenger door of my next vehicle shut, all plexiglass windows/windsheild, and pout concrete on the floor
Have you priced a lexan windshield or door glass. Seems like you want a burp car, Ive been in daily driven cars suvs that are stupid loud and didn't have half of that stuff.

Would that have enough room for two 18's? I wouldn't want to wall a CRX, because aren't they loud not walled? Can you fit two alts on them?Walled or not walled?
Not walled, subs up port back. You could fit two 18s sub up port back depending on how big of a box your 18s need. My next build is going to wall it to see what it does. As far as alts I'm sure you can make it happen but they don't sell kits for it like that. Uses the same motor as a civic and crx of that same year iirc. D16a1

Civic and crx have higher peaks which is good for burp cars. No room for alts. And two door tahoes are rare in nice conditions for a good price.... Just get a four door Tahoe or burban for cheap...

Your truck already has a salvaged title! Cut that bish up. WALKTHUR!!!

**** it up and wall the truck. You won't ruin the interior if you do it correctly. You can buy replacement carpet and headliners pretty cheap with better material than stock anyway.

99-06 GM full size vehicles are the perfect platform to get loud in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.