Adjusting Input Voltage Confusion *SS Rubicon 1.2500*

I had a Rub2500 was a very nice amp just more than what I needed. I traded it for a memphis 2k that I sold before installing and picked up a Sundown 1500. Evenually I might grab another if I don't go bigger. I really need a 2k @ 2 that can handle being run at .5 for burps.

Ok guys, quick update. I just got back in from the garage. Now correct me if im wrong, but when you are setting input voltage, you turn everything to flat/0 right? I have hpf/lpf on headunit flat with volume at 25 (0-35 max), all my amplifier settings at flat/0, bass knob plugged into amp and turned all the way up. I have a 40hz tone playing, with speaker wire disconnected from amplifier and the DMM, set to v/ac, probes in the terminals... I did the research on my head unit, and it says the CDA-9830 has triple 4v preouts.

I flipped the switch on the amplifier to "2v-8v", turning my gain up (aiming for 50v). When on the "2v-8v" setting, Gain@Min=4.04v/ac Gain@Max= 15.7 v/ac, When on the .1v-2v setting, Gain@Min=17.68 v/ac, Gain@Max=45.3 v/ac....

If i disconnect the bass knob from the amplifier= 2v-8v Gain@Min= 4.51 v/ac Gain@Max= 16.92 v/ac. .1v-2v Gain@Min= 19.73 v/ac Gain@Max= 50.4 v/ac

Am i doing something wrong here guys? Everything is supposed to be set flat right? Or do i need to open up the LPF to accept the tone?

Ok guys, quick update. I just got back in from the garage. Now correct me if im wrong, but when you are setting input voltage, you turn everything to flat/0 right? I have hpf/lpf on headunit flat with volume at 25 (0-35 max), all my amplifier settings at flat/0, bass knob plugged into amp and turned all the way up. I have a 40hz tone playing, with speaker wire disconnected from amplifier and the DMM, set to v/ac, probes in the terminals... I did the research on my head unit, and it says the CDA-9830 has triple 4v preouts.
I flipped the switch on the amplifier to "2v-8v", turning my gain up (aiming for 50v). When on the "2v-8v" setting, Gain@Min=4.04v/ac Gain@Max= 15.7 v/ac, When on the .1v-2v setting, Gain@Min=17.68 v/ac, Gain@Max=45.3 v/ac....

If i disconnect the bass knob from the amplifier= 2v-8v Gain@Min= 4.51 v/ac Gain@Max= 16.92 v/ac. .1v-2v Gain@Min= 19.73 v/ac Gain@Max= 50.4 v/ac

Am i doing something wrong here guys? Everything is supposed to be set flat right? Or do i need to open up the LPF to accept the tone?
when seeing ppl use ddm or dd1 they always turn lpf all the way up

Yes, the HU subwoofer option is on. By turning up the lpf, got me to my correct voltage that i was looking for, but im still having an issue with output. I am not getting much output from the woofers at all... My electrical is staying right at 14.7 volts, all my connections are clean and tight...

Yes, the HU subwoofer option is on. By turning up the lpf, got me to my correct voltage that i was looking for, but im still having an issue with output. I am not getting much output from the woofers at all... My electrical is staying right at 14.7 volts, all my connections are clean and tight...
make sure the subs arent wired at 4 ohms by chance

Yeah but if its like mine I still get low output when I turn it all the way down. That may be why he's getting the low reading. In order for me to get absolutely no sound out of my subs I have to turn in to like -10 to -15

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

and by that I mean subs not actually playing at all, not even a little vibration.

Thats been a huge question on mine, but i havent found a sub adjustment, just an on/off. I downloaded the manual, but it doesnt say anything about sub adjustments. just lpf/hpf, sub on/off

My deck pioneer dehp6800mp has a sub setting where i can select the hz anywhere from 48 to 110hz i believe...when i select one of the hz levels i can adjust my sub from 0 to +5 is this what you are talking about when setting gain? i should have this level set on 50hz and +5? i always thought this was just a bass boost option.????? Im having the same issue as jstevens??

Thats been a huge question on mine, but i havent found a sub adjustment, just an on/off. I downloaded the manual, but it doesnt say anything about sub adjustments. just lpf/hpf, sub on/off
It sounds like you have a couple of possible issues. Check to make sure your subwoofers aren't wired out of phase, I had that problem once. Secondly, it sounds like you're doubling up on Crossovers. You should only use EITHER the crossover on the amp, OR the crossover on the HU. Not both. So if you can't turn one of them off, I'd turn the LPF on the amp ALL the way up, and then set it accordingly through the head unit.

Ive had an Alpine in my truck for about 10 years, and just recently updated. LOL - Looks like this \/\/\/\/\/

h500CDA7894p.jpg

And on mine you could change the high pass and low pass crossover settings, the subs phase, and the subwoofer level. Again Im not sure if they are the same, but after turning on the sub outs - the subwoofer level was accessed by pressing the volume button in. (Same menu as treble/bass/fade/blah)

Not sure if this will help, but my experience with Alpine anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.