adire brahma 15 mk2 and rockford 1500.1bd wiring question

Participant count
  • Participant list

///nick
10+ year member

im a little confused, as most of my setups have been with 2 subwoofers but i just got this new setup with a brahma 15 mk2 in a custom box. im using my old rockford power series 1500 watt 1 channel amp. im not sure if its 1 ohm stable. but for my other set ups ive been running both subwoofers in series, so that means its running at 2 ohm. now on the brahma i wired it up the same using series wiring and i want to know if its running at 2ohm or 4ohm? because if its running at 4 ohm im only getting 1000 watts into it. however, i already sounds louder then any of my previous setups mainly because its tuned in a custom made box.

i just need some to help clerify. thanks

would it be worth getting the new rockford T1500bd? it says its 1ohm stable. would dropping impeadance to 1ohm be a noticeable difference in power?

to answer your original question, if u wired up the brahma in series, its at 4ohm - parallel is at 1ohm. not too sure on the fosgate amp power, but u already said the 1 brahma sounds louder than your previous 2 sub setup and imho, 1k watts should be more than enough for that sub. for your second question, the only reason I would get the newer fosgate is for matching impedance with other subs bcuz like I said 1k let alone 1.5k watts is more than enough for that brahma. keep the older amp and rock that with the mk2!

what year bd is it i assume it's punch, hence no "t" before the 1500bd...... i know the first bd's are better than the newer bd lines, and so is the power line over the punch. i run my t5001bd @ .9ohms daily 1100wrms clampped. almost 2years now

thanks for the input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and i forgot to put in that my amp is a power series. i just want to go max power without damaging this subwoofer. ive heard that the rms on the brahma is 1600rms and the peak is around 2000??

thanks for the input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and i forgot to put in that my amp is a power series. i just want to go max power without damaging this subwoofer. ive heard that the rms on the brahma is 1600rms and the peak is around 2000??
the 1600 rms is just a thermal rating; like I said in my earlier post, you need less than 1k rms for this sub to get moving. Overpowering it will just cause you to get it reconed sooner...

that sub is fine with 1500rms...

and with out knowing the coils you have we can't tell you what ohm load you have. A $10 digital multi meter from walmart will tell you though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.