Adire Audio kh501 12’s

Participant count
  • Participant list
D4BEC3D1-5E7A-4989-AC07-1FE5FADA42FA.jpeg
23A9B41E-C86F-4587-99C6-55E56858FF0B.jpeg

Threw the subs in my truck, powered by Skar rp1200.1. Played a couple songs and I really like them. The pair was louder than my ported 8’s, louder than my ported sundown sld 12” but I did not have the deep bass that I could get with the ported setups. They do get low, don’t get me wrong but I think they will sound even better in a sedan trunk to have something for the bass to “bounce” off of that makes sense. As many have said, when it comes to truck cabins, a sealed box is not what you want, well, not me. But I would definitely rock these in a trunk. They moved some air pretty well also. I’ll be keeping these for sure...... Now, if my Lethal Injection would just get here, I would be a happy man!

Threw the subs in my truck, powered by Skar rp1200.1. Played a couple songs and I really like them. The pair was louder than my ported 8’s, louder than my ported sundown sld 12” but I did not have the deep bass that I could get with the ported setups. They do get low, don’t get me wrong but I think they will sound even better in a sedan trunk to have something for the bass to “bounce” off of that makes sense. As many have said, when it comes to truck cabins, a sealed box is not what you want, well, not me. But I would definitely rock these in a trunk. They moved some air pretty well also. I’ll be keeping these for sure...... Now, if my Lethal Injection would just get here, I would be a happy man!

Give them time to break in some more.

I agree. I think you would give pretty accurate reviews

I think you're right. I'm so obsessed with details, I feel like it would just be raw data, basically. There's so many subs now, some designs really have differences from others, and some subs just imitate other subs lol. It can be hard to diagnose a woofer and what it actually is. Some subs are cheap and awesome, but you better hope the spider stays glued on. The design of the woofer is a big part. Some cheap woofers that have a great design with the motor and coil and suspension, those woofers are hard to know.

I know those Adires you have look cheap from behind, which probably means all the money really went into high quality materials and things like motor design, cooling, tight tolerances, all of that. I'd rather have a cheaper parts woofer that's designed well. Or one that looks coal on the outside and is a diamond on the inside. People get caught up on things that don't matter. I can play sub sonic with 18 mm of xmax. I don't need 45 mm of xmax, ever, really. Unless I'm running double or triple rated power. As a box designer, some subs just really seem to be for people who abuse their subs or have them playing outside of the reaches of their box. There's a huge loss in efficiency in many woofers, because of how people use them. I mean, I love all of it. There's so many choices, you can do some pretty insane stuff with a 3-4.5kw 4" VC woofer that has 45 mm of xmax. But I can make 2 500w 10's or 12's with 18-20 mm of xmax be way louder and way wider bandwidth than many people think. That's one thing I like about DC and Fi, is that they didn't really get caught up in changing their woofer style to get a fairly high xmax. That keeps a lot of efficiency and woofer accuracy, IMO. I like those Adires like you have, and subs like the Brahma, because they're just a perfect balance for daily usage. You can make those subs do the same things these really big woofers do, and they'll sound better doing it. It just won't be as brutal, but it'll still be plenty loud.

Got my alternator installed. Only 200 amp. Got it from MCR (motor city reman). Same alternators you can get from bronco graveyard. Save a few dollars going straight to the source. Cost me $180.
Much better than my stock 95 amp. Voltage hand is even up a little further on my gauge.
84EFE8EB-9C67-432B-956B-BA071238DAB8.jpeg
75E8AEDA-3B82-41C1-87D0-36D3173FBA3D.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...