Adding power to dash speaker...Best way to split signal?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big Diego 27

CarAudio.com Recruit
I'm currently powering the dash speakers(Kenwood KFC-X3C, 3.5 inch, 50 watt rms each) off my head unit(Kenwood DDX375bt, double din touch screen) and all four door speakers (Kicker 6.75 KS, 100 rms each) off my 4 channel(Kicker 360.4, 65 rms x 4) amp. I would like to use the Kicker 360.4 amp to power the dash and rear door speakers and then add another amp (Sundown SDX-90.2, 90 watt x 2 rms) to power the front door speakers closer to their max rms handling. I currently plan on using two rca splitters like Sky High Car Audio Premium Y Splitter at the back of the head unit to split the front channel into two sets of rcas and run one rca to the front channel on the kicker 360.4 amp(for dash speakers) and the other rca to the Sundown SDX-90.2 amp(for front door speakers). My research has led me to believe this is the best way to wire the amps although I have seen rca blocks and did not know if those are useful or if I should split rcas in the trunk instead of at the head unit. I welcome critiquing and I have not purchased the Sundown SDX-90.2 amp yet so I am also open to amp suggestions for the front door speakers. So am I planning on adding the third amp correctly or do I need to overhaul my plans?

I also have a Kicker 1200.1 amp powering a Sundown Sa-12 with a AGM under the hood and a factory 110 amp alternator. I dont have a volt meter installed but I dont notice any electrical problems. Ive been running this setup daily for over 2 years.

So amp 1 on the kicker 4 channel amp will power the dash speakers, amp 2 on the kicker 4 channel will power the rear door speakers and the Sundown amp will power the front door speakers. I just want to make sure I'm splitting the front channels signal correctly by using rca splitters right off the head unit. Is rca splitters right off the head unit the best way to split my front channels signals?

So amp 1 on the kicker 4 channel amp will power the dash speakers, amp 2 on the kicker 4 channel will power the rear door speakers and the Sundown amp will power the front door speakers. I just want to make sure I'm splitting the front channels signal correctly by using rca splitters right off the head unit. Is rca splitters right off the head unit the best way to split my front channels signals?
I say use the RCA splitters right at the amplifiers. It is easier to make changes when all is accessible. Use the radio's REAR RCAs as the split on the Kicker for the dash and rear speakers. Use the radio's FRONT RCAs for the Sundown.
Again, just a simple Y-splitter will suffice, no need to get fancy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...