Adding HP, W/ a twist....

infrabass
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
OK. I know you guys are all pissed off that I started yet another how to increase my horsepower thread, but wait. You guys always go into detail about gas engines... what about a diesel, a 83 VW Rabbit diesel to be exact. And I know its not a jet powered monster, but I would like to push on the throttle (dont think you could call it a gas pedal in my situation) and see something happen. Now I've been looking around and hopefully I can get some headers, and I'm definetly going to attempt to get a new exhaust system and cold air intake. The turbocharger and special fuel pump (I think thats the other part) are off the engine because the previous owner wanted to keep it, hopefully I can rip that off some old scrapped vw. What Im wondering is what else might make a difference in HP on a diesel? and if I get any naawwwwz comments or "those stickers add 100hp" comments I might be a little cranky lol jk.

NAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWZ! lol

what you really want in a car like that is torque... low end torque... and lots of it...

generally speaking, those diesel engines are not horsepower makers, but can produce a fair bit of torque, that's part of the reason they use them in trucks. face it, without sinking an assload of cash into it, you are going to have live with it being just capable...

Thanks wonderbread for the input, but arent there things that can put small amounts more of HP into the engine or w/e. Like on a gas car, and im not saying this has a major impact, but things like racings spark plugs, ignition wired and all that....... what if I were to get some heavy duty fuel lines.....iunno, thats why Im looking for anytype of suggestions that might help out.

You can get propane shots, adjust the computer if it has one. I was watching TV and they adjusted the computer gave it like 100 ft. Lbs. of torque.

I said that mainly to cover up for infrabass's ugly-sounding bass :thumbsup
and to drown out his voice, right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Oh my! I feel so rejected, whats with everyone ganging up on me. Wonderbread is just naturally evil, never said a kind thing to me in his life, but whats everyone elses problem? WHATS WRONG WITH ME? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

You'll notice that it's mainly the Canucks who are mean, evil bastards. And Gauntlet, but he's just a freak of nature anyway :p

(oh man I am gonna get a beating for this one...)

Oh well, I understand. I'm just not used to your guys way of humor, I thought you were all pissed because I was writing b.s nonsense on the forums and asking too many newbie questions. I understand now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

P.S. Check out my gallery for the current (Nov4/03) state of my speakers and speaker amp thats to go into my backpack someday soon I hope....

quit tellin people that i'm just messin around... you and I both know that I say what I mean, and I mean what I say... jeez... some people's children //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

quit tellin people that i'm just messin around... you and I both know that I say what I mean, and I mean what I say... jeez... some people's children //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif
Oh no you didn't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

"some people's children" is MY line!

You're gonna pay for that!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.