Adding amps to Acura ELS help

Participant count
  • Participant list

dd1101

FL
Hi all, first I want to introduce myself; my name is Dhaval and audio gear has been a hobby of mine since I was a kid. I have been a lurker on the forum and finally decided to sign up.

In my 2001 Acura TL, I am running all JL slash amps with a 12W7 ported at 32hz and old school Alpine SPX components in the front and back, and old school eclipse deck( I think it’s the 8053 with 16v out)

I recently got a 2013 Acura TL with the ELS system with 5.1. I can’t change the stock HU and want to incorporate a pair of component speakers in the front doors only (either JL C5s or Some Focals) and a JL 10w6v3 subwoofer. The amps I will be using are my JLs a 500/1 and 300/4(bridged for the components).

I want to keep my fader & balance, treble, subwoofer and bass level features functional if possible. I would disconnect the stock tweeters, and keep the center channel and rear speakers running off the factory amp.

Whats the best way for me to do this, one audio shop said I need an $800 alpine processor to do this, and other said I need 2 LOCs which are $30 bucks a piece….

So I am a little confused and would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Dhaval

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.