Adding amp and speakers to stock HU.

yeah i didnt know what to say when i saw an 80 dollar head unit with that kind of specs. Pretty speechless. All the bells and whistles with 4 volt pre-out AND network mode along with some other options that pioneer and clarion doesnt have either. Guys on FB tested the pre-out voltage and its true to volts.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-h0RY3JFjDeX/p_105KDX340B/JVC-KD-X340BTS.html
Spotted a drawback...doesn't play CD's. Your thinking who plays CD's anymore? I do

Spotted a drawback...doesn't play CD's. Your thinking who plays CD's anymore? I do
i'd put all that in the computer and convert it all into flac/wav files and put them in different folders of a USB and actually keep those CDs in mint condition while enjoying the same level of sound quality with much better convenience.

I'll keep the specs in mind and look around what I can find.

Chinese are always an option I guess, when it comes to the install kit. Free shipping and most of the time the quality will be the same, since it's all being manufactured in China anyway, only drawback is the fact that it can take up to 30 days for the product to arrive.

A question though, regarding the head units. Won't it be the case where all SQ goes to waste, since I mostly plan to stream spotify from my phone over BT? I mean, even with the HU and the phone supporting aptX, we're still talking about bluetooth AND streaming from the net, where even Extreme Quality setting something similar to 320kbps MP3 in terms of quality.

i'd put all that in the computer and convert it all into flac/wav files and put them in different folders of a USB and actually keep those CDs in mint condition while enjoying the same level of sound quality with much better convenience.
Isn't USB a lower quality for music listening?

Certainly not. USB carries digital signal for one, so there is no loss when signal is transferred from source to the DAC in the headunit. With USB there's just a question how good the DAC in headunit is and how well it can convert that digital signal to analog. BT is digital signal as well, but every protocol it uses (save for aptX Lossless, which is very uncommon, to say the least), has some level of compression.

More bad news - I'm unable to find that JVC locally and ****, that 80PRS is 292 euros - 345USD!

Certainly not. USB carries digital signal for one, so there is no loss when signal is transferred from source to the DAC in the headunit. With USB there's just a question how good the DAC in headunit is and how well it can convert that digital signal to analog. BT is digital signal as well, but every protocol it uses (save for aptX Lossless, which is very uncommon, to say the least), has some level of compression.
More bad news - I'm unable to find that JVC locally and ****, that 80PRS is 292 euros - 345USD!
heeey I like you already you already understand sources!!! However in car CD players do read it as digital first before converting to analog. USB and CD will be the same if its from the same source file.

Anyways, The US market will be different from the EU market and vice versa.

As long as the head unit has

24 bit dac, 13 band eq, 3 pairs of 4 volt rca preouts and time alignment. You should be good, it would the be EU equivalent of the US models available.

both are lossless files from the same source file. Its the same quality more or less, you wont notice a single difference because both are at the highest bitrate possible
heeey I like you already you already understand sources!!! However in car CD players do read it as digital first before converting to analog. USB and CD will be the same if its from the same source file.
Anyways, The US market will be different from the EU market and vice versa.

24 bit dac, 13 band eq, 3 pairs of 4 volt rca preouts and time alignment. You should be good, it would the be EU equivalent of the US models available.
SOB...I'm a little behind in the times. My Clarion has USB port/outlet I've never used. wonder if it's possible to transfer my MP3 songs to USB?

SOB...I'm a little behind in the times. My Clarion has USB port/outlet I've never used. wonder if it's possible to transfer my MP3 songs to USB?
yes its always possible.

and its MP3??? omgg lol. I thought you actually had store bought CDs.... If its mp3s, then there is no excuse at all not to use usb.

Store bought CDs, you'd have to rip off the music and convert it into wav or flac then you put it in the usb.... If its just mp3s, then its a simple drag and drop.

You might also want to find a better source to get lossless music rather than mp3 btw...

Man you've been living under a rock all this time. I thought you knew more than that lol.

heeey I like you already you already understand sources!!! However some CD players do read and output as digital as well. Very few are still analog nowadays so more or less USB and CD will be the same if its from the same source file.
Anyways, The US market will be different from the EU market.

Thanks!

I love music and I do understand some bits and pieces, just not car audio. Never owned a car until few months ago, so I've never looked into the matter. Hence loads of questions. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That's also the reason why I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible, because I understand that BT = compression and compression = average sound quality. Dishing out hard earned money on a DSP, to feed it a lossy source, over a lossy method of signal transfer, is just a waste of money, imho. Even if we don't take into account that Honda is far from quiet. I'm addressing the later as well, but again, I have no plans to dish out $1000+ to properly address vibration dampening and sound deadening a $4000 car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yes its always possible.
and its MP3??? omgg lol. I thought you actually had store bought CDs.... If its mp3s, then there is no excuse at all not to use usb.

Store bought CDs, you'd have to rip off the music and convert it into wav or flac then you put it in the usb.... If its just mp3s, then its a simple drag and drop.

You might also want to find a better source to get lossless music rather than mp3 btw...

Man you've been living under a rock all this time. I thought you knew more than that lol.
lol...I like my CD's, because of the quality but I got a lot of ripped/burned ones that are old scratchy, just plain mixed up. I had a bunch of store bought CD's before the file to file sharing errupted but those got stolen. Might have to give that USB a try...why not? Put the Clarion to good use. My Alpine doesn't have that option unfortunately. It has a port for Aux....use the MP3 player too it...

FJ5N3Kb.jpg

Hey Jeff, recommend me a good USB drive...
I personally like kingston, never failed on me compared to every other brand i've tried

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-64GB-DataTraveler-DT100G3/dp/B00C5K8CQ2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1507887216&sr=8-4&keywords=kingston+usb+3.0+64

sandisk is okay as well

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Transfer-Speeds-SDCZ48-064G-UAM46/dp/B00KYK2ABI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1507887140&sr=8-6&keywords=64gb+usb

There's cheaper usb 2.0 64 gig ones at 15 bucks but i prefer usb 3.0, its a lot faster when putting music in it with a usb 3.0 port on your computer compared to 2.0.

It also loads up faster in the car as well from what i noticed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.