Adding 3rd pair of speakers or upgrade existing ones and an amp.Gain question as well

Participant count
  • Participant list

duercos

Hi everybody! This is my first post here and I need some help please.

My current set up is:

Polk Dxi651 front

Polk Dxi691 rear

Kenwood KAC-8405 amp

Alpine 12D2 sub

Alpine M500 amp

Pioneer X4600BT HU.

And my cars is a chevy malibu 2009. I also did some sound deadening in front doors and a trunk.

The sound now is very decent, but could be a little louder I don't want to decrease the quality I have now.. Just to make it a little louder.

Should I add another pair of speakers? I was thinking to cut out a hole in my front door panel, original location is in the low corner as well, so I thought it would be easier in terms of wiring to stay within the same panel. If so, what AMP and speakers would you recommend. From what I found is- Infiniti kappa four or Polk D4000.4 or Alpine PDR-F50.

And I have a gain question. I've been reading forums but still can't calculate it.. If it's very simple for those who knows, please advice me:

My amp puts out 60w/channel rms at 4ohm, front speakers are 60w rms as well, rear speakers are 100w rms, HU preamp outs are 4v. And I set HPFs at 100 for both.

PS I can spend up to $500 now on everything.

Thank you very much!

A nice pair of components up front that can handle some power.

Bridge the 4 ch to run them - low gain, lots of head room.

Run the rears with the HU.

It will sound louder, and the SQ should improve significantly.

What if I just get a pair of 2ohm components, my amp will put out 90W at 2ohm. Will it work this way? I mean fronts at 2ohm and rears are at 4ohm? Or all channels has to be the same?

Good advice, but I would rather get a better amp and skip the mess with wiring)

What if I just get a pair of 2ohm components, my amp will put out 90W at 2ohm. Will it work this way? I mean fronts at 2ohm and rears are at 4ohm? Or all channels has to be the same? Good advice, but I would rather get a better amp and skip the mess with wiring)
That's fine. They all do not have to be the same.

I think I narrowed my search down to Kappas 60.11cs with its 2ohm 90RMS and 93db

Or maybe Kappas 62.11i with also 2 ohm, but 75RMS and 95db.

What would be sound difference between these two? With my 90W rms at 2ohm amp.

If I do get components, what to do with my existing factory twits? They are mounted in pillars about 4 inches from the bottom.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.