Added second battery. Problems with sound system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

hotinferno

Cyprus
I have added a second car battery in the back and I have two problems:

a) Even though the head unit is not connected on the second battery, it still stays on even after I have removed the keys.

b) Amp01 (check diagram) doesn't work. (However it could be faulty)

Here's how I did the wiring:

View attachment 26544912

Any ideas would be welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just use one ground in the back, it will make life easier. Ground the batt and from the negative term run 2 other grounds to the amps. This probably will not help your issue but, it's something I would change from what you have done.

is your headunits switched power wire run to a source in car that only turns on when the key is turned?

I would say you have your red wire from the head unit ran wrong.Check that first.Run the wire to a power source that shuts on and off with the car.

Guys thanks for the help but I figured it out. The problem with the remote was that it was touching the positive of amp01. The problem with the amp01 not turning on was because it didn't like the place I grounded it. I just moved the ground to somewhere else and it worked. Weird.

Thanks again for the replies!

Guys thanks for the help but I figured it out. The problem with the remote was that it was touching the positive of amp01. The problem with the amp01 not turning on was because it didn't like the place I grounded it. I just moved the ground to somewhere else and it worked. Weird.
Thanks again for the replies!
What about the radio?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.