Add me to the list of dead JL amps :(

That *****. Seems like a common theme here lately with JL. I am glad I was lucky with my 300/2 ran it for about 5 years never had an issue. Glad I got rid of that along time ago so I don't have to worry about being pissed when it stops working.

I never had a problem with any JL AMP 300/2, 300/4, 500/1 A2150 all run strong and have never even once hiccuped! I guess maybe there was a bad batch somewhere.

My 300/4 works fine, and I think it's about 3 years old. I guess I need to sell it and get a new one? I had heard that it's a common problem with the channels blowing in them once before.

this thread makes me f'in sick. i JUST bought a brand new 300/2 and 1000/1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

my 500/1 died. my home boys 1000/1 died just after a year or so.

i will never by a jl amp again. over priced garbage. dont get me wrong. when it worked, it was amazing. quality amps? hmmm. i think reliable is part of what makes an amp a qualitiy amp. im going to go back with the 05 kx1200.1 or something old school.

i rather have something with less sound quality and last. shh i should of kept my 2vibe 1800's.

Welcome, my 500/5 gave out too. Protection circuitry my arse! It was never once abused, gains set per JL specs too. I had to resort back to 7 y.o. rockford punch, which is still working like a champ.
out of all the JL amps the 500/5 was known to have problems. Iv replaced thoe amps before. and yes protection circuitry had to do with it..

I'm getting ready to give the big //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bigwave.gif.16324171cad2db62cf4f16568b038478.gif to car audio and sell the rest of my **** that still works. This f'in *****.
Thats the way I feel aswell! I was planning another system for my new car but I'm just sick of it. Its fun while it lasts (and the $), but I'm heading toward the performance aspects of cars now.

My JL 300/2 v2 works great, i get a 2 year warranty since I bought from an authorized dealer. Don't forget theres TONS of fake JL amps out there that look exactly the same.

I used a a4300 and i was thoroughly unimpressed... it gets hot very quickly and shuts off, even with the gains down. It has an overwhelmingly cheap feel to it, too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.