I know help threads don't always work but please help me.

huge1day
10+ year member

This is a tough one, not sure if it can be done or not????

I have a 06 Dodge Ram QC. I presently have JL 300/4 & 500/1. Each under one front seat. I really want to keep the stealth/stock look. I have bought the Dynaudio 362 3-way component set to replace my 2-way Focal utopia set. I really would like to go active so I need at least 6 channels plus the sub. (would like to have 2 more that I can run rear speaker only when the dvd is playing for my daughter). To do all that sounds doable until I say I want to keep them all under the front seats. I am a nubie and have spent the last few weeks reading trying to learn before posting. I have looked at the McIntosh 404 and McIntosh 440M. Both are large, not sure if even the smaller one would fit under the seat. I am looking for sq first, quantity second. Not afraid of spending some $$.

Any suggestions?

Bart

Here are a couple of threads of mine to show my truck if you want to see them...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245088

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162855&page=1&pp=20

Thanks in advance...

Well I had hoped for some input. Maybe if I make it more specfic. Compare the Alpine 4.100 or 4.150 to other amps like Tru, Mcintosh, Sinfoni and the other high quality. The Alpines are very small, what type of sq do they produce?

Bart

You have a couple of options on how to run the amps. The easiest way is to run your 4 channel JL to the 3 ways but only the mids. run the tweeters off of your deck and then have another amp for your sub. This might not be possible depending on your deck. The other is to use a second 4 channel, in addition to the JL, and bridge 2 channels for the sub and use the other 2 for your tweets. You really cant go wrong with any of the amp choices you have mentioned.All are top of the line and will sound great. I would look for which one puts out the most power you can use in the smallest size.

First I am sure you already now not to try and run tweeters of the deck. Thats an insult to your Dyns.LOL I have not had the PDX but everyone seems to like them so far. Another option is something like Audison LRx but I think they are going to be to long maybe not. My first choice would be the Audison over the PDX.

I have seen some stuff talking about Lunar recently also not sure of the cost though. Though not the most asthetically pleasing and not sure of quaility maybe someone can chim on them.

Also the new ARC KAR KS stuff is out. All but the 6 channel that will be out in hopefully Sep/Aug. The KS300.4 should work also but don't have the exact dimensions.

Not sure exactly how much room you got. So here are some dimensions for comparison. The PDX is the smallest foot print.

LRx 4.300 14.75 x 7 x 2.25

PDX 10 1/8 x 7 9/16 x 2 7/16

JL300/4 13.40 x 9.25 x 2.36

Lunar L450 10 x 8.5 x 3.5

I will throw these in also: Cadence ZRS-7504 11.5 x 9.4 x 2.4 and Ed nine.4 12 x 9.85 x 2.25

Ok thats my .2 cents. For what its worth.

Yeah, just a little surpised about the tweeter off the radio comment...Have you used the LRx? I think I could run 2 of those side by side if they don't get hot?? I have the 300/4 under my seat and it I have more room, just not enough room for 2 of them. The LRx is only 7" wide, 2 would sit less than 16" side by side. 2" for the wiring...

Bart

This is a tough one, not sure if it can be done or not????
I have a 06 Dodge Ram QC. I presently have JL 300/4 & 500/1. Each under one front seat. I really want to keep the stealth/stock look. I have bought the Dynaudio 362 3-way component set to replace my 2-way Focal utopia set. I really would like to go active so I need at least 6 channels plus the sub. (would like to have 2 more that I can run rear speaker only when the dvd is playing for my daughter). To do all that sounds doable until I say I want to keep them all under the front seats. I am a nubie and have spent the last few weeks reading trying to learn before posting. I have looked at the McIntosh 404 and McIntosh 440M. Both are large, not sure if even the smaller one would fit under the seat. I am looking for sq first, quantity second. Not afraid of spending some $$.

Any suggestions?

Bart

Here are a couple of threads of mine to show my truck if you want to see them...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245088

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162855&page=1&pp=20

Thanks in advance...
Where are you planning on putting the drivers? Tweets where the focals were I am sure and midbass in the doors? Where is your midrange going? In the kicks? I'd keep all the speakers as close as possible. It is going to be hard to get proper imaging in that truck because of the locations and you really can't get back far enough from the speakers. I'd say put the midrange and tweet in the kick panel beside each other. You can even mount them flat on the kick panel. Those dome midranges work well off axis. I can understand wanting to go active on the set but that factory crossover really works well. I ran mine active and liked the factory settings the best. You aren't going to be able to run that midrange low enough to to get a single point source anyway. I found that when I had my midbass in the doors I could reverse the polarity of both of them and get greater depth but lost a little midbass output. Anyway...I guess just try out different locations til you find what you like. Either way...don't run anything off of your head unit. Pick a stout amplifier and give those components some CLEAN POWER. 100 watts to each speaker minimum I would say

I am going to try the mh140 mids in the factory dash speaker location. Try them there first, see what happens. I am really trying to determine what amp to use to have an active 3-way system. (I still want two more channels to be able to turn up when my daughter is watching a dvd in the backseat.) So I need 8 channels that will fit under my front seat. I think I can get two Alpine PDX or maybe two Audison LRx (not sure about the VRx) I am afraid that the LRx might not be enough power?

I am sure you will be happy with LRx line. They have very little footprint, produce beautiful sound. I somehow concerned about mounting them in tight spots like under the seat, as they are not fan-cooled and run pretty hot, which is normal for them.

I really love my pdx but I have not used it on mids yet. It sounded better than any other amp for my subs though. Really small also you could mount them under the seat no problem.

The LRx are underrated. Do a search on the LRx on here or google it. I have been very happy with my LRx's. The VRx are quite a jump in price and IIRC they are a larger footprint. Check out the Audison site they are all on there.

Nothing wrong with the PDX. For sheer clean power and quality I would pick the Audison over the PDX. I have not owned the PDX line though so just drawing a conclusion from reading.

The Audison vs. everything else I have used it is pretty much dead heat between them and ARC. I am partial to ARC though based on personnel preference.

One brand not listed is Zapco which I would recommend you check out their web-site also before making a decision. Same quality as Audison and ARC.

X2-xtremekustomz on getting a clean 100w. I like to have a ton of power on hand for mid, mid-range and my highs. As you can see I run a seperate amp for each one. Got have the room to do that though.

My .2 cents for what its worth.

Thanks for the info. The more I read, the more confused I get.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Some say that the VRx is far superior to the LRx. The biggest problem I have is I don't have anywhere to go to listen to anything near "audiophile" quality. If I could hear it I think I would be able to figure out what would be best for me. But I am having to make almost the decisions based off what I read.

So I am very thankful for all the help.

Bart

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.