Actuator Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list
actuators can push much more than that.

As for 4", I guess it would depend on where you install the actuator. If it's with a pivot, you sould not need that much. Good luck workig with hydraulics~

I am finally ready to do this... 3 years later... same box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You can take a look at my box from my Gallery link. I have no idea where to start with this though... I've found actuators that have 4" and 6" strokes with built-in limit switches.... any suggestions?

Are you talking about using motorized linear actuators? or hydraulics?

Its kinda hard to give advice since I cant see the setup. It'll just take some customizing.

Only thing I can suggest is to definitly go with the linear actuators.

I've done some calculations and I need about a 6" throw. So, if I purchase a 12", I can use the built in limit switch to cut it off at 6", correct? The 12" is the same price as the 6" so I might as well get that one...

I also want to be able to just hit a button once (not hold it) and have it open/close (or up/down). What kind of rocker is needed to accomplish that?

Since that actuator uses a mounting bracket with a quick release pin, how have others solved the problem with it rattling with the bass? I can just see/hear it now... that pin would drive me nuts.

Last question... I would like the neons inside the amp rack to come on at the same time I hit the button for the actuator to open the lid. How would I do that?

for the bass, I've used plasti-dip applied with a brush to either piece I didn't want rattling.

post what you find out about the N/O or N/C circuits.

Thanks. I think I've figured everything out but this:

I would like the neons inside the amp rack to come on at the same time I hit the button for the actuator to open the lid. How would I do that?

what did you come up with so far as far as controlling the actuator? maybe you can include it in there somewhere.

You could do it with a latching relay, turns on once you hit the open switch, and shuts off when you hit the close switch.

Hmm...I dunno if that switch will do it. It says it operates like a power window switch, so I think you'll have to hold the button.

Also, it says that the limit switches arent movable, so that might make it difficult to cut it off at 6".

How many wires are coming out of the actuator?

Hmm...I dunno if that switch will do it. It says it operates like a power window switch, so I think you'll have to hold the button.
Also, it says that the limit switches arent movable, so that might make it difficult to cut it off at 6".

How many wires are coming out of the actuator?
Their sales person said the switch will stay in the position until it reaches it limit so you do not have to hold it down.

I don't know what you mean by the limit switches... I just assumed they make it the actuator brake. No?

There is just a black and red wire from the actuator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.