actual RMS power?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BJ The Man
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Is there any way i can see how underrated/overrated an amp is from ammount of info your average website tells you?

Also what is the difference between power given by an amp. What makes a US amps amp better than a Boss amp besides the fact that the us amps will put out rated power?

Will most 1 ohm stable amps sound distorted?

thanks.

I dont think their is a way to acctually tell if the company "rated" power is real. However that is what forums are for...usually the better the company the cleaner the watts, because cleaner watts are better than distorted watts.

1 ohm amps wont be distorted if you have your wiring right and use a good amp, and good sub. Most speakers arent run at 1 ohm, they are 4 ohm.

Hope I helped.

I dont think their is a way to acctually tell if the company "rated" power is real. However that is what forums are for...usually the better the company the cleaner the watts, because cleaner watts are better than distorted watts.
1 ohm amps wont be distorted if you have your wiring right and use a good amp, and good sub. Most speakers arent run at 1 ohm, they are 4 ohm.

Hope I helped.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Is there any way i can see how underrated/overrated an amp is from ammount of info your average website tells you?
Also what is the difference between power given by an amp. What makes a US amps amp better than a Boss amp besides the fact that the us amps will put out rated power?

Will most 1 ohm stable amps sound distorted?

thanks.
1)you can tell if an amp does its rated power if its cea certified, also some companies will post birthsheets online or you can find your own online, also with bench testing results... this is from the internet, you can find out yourself if you have an o-scope/dmm

2)the difference between amplifier companies is the quality of parts they use and type of research and development invested in the actual product itself...

3) a 1 ohm stable amplifier will not "sound distorted" if its not being clipped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.