Active Crossover and Amp Help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

weedy

I recently installed 2 JL 10W3v3 in a stealth downfire box powered by a 500/1 JL amp in my 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 EXT cab... It sounds great! Now im looking to upgrade, not subs but my other audio components...

I want:

2 JL Audio ZR100-CT 1" Tweeters @ 50w RMS each

4 JL Audio 6x6" C2-600x Door Speakers @ 100w RMS each

4 JL Audio C2-400X 4x6" Door Speakers @ 35w RMS each

Setup:

2 tweeters will be custom mounted into the top two lights up on the roof

2 6x6" speakers in each front door custom mounted

2 4x6" speakers in each rear door custom mounted as well

Idea:

Im looking to do an active crossover to filter the frequencies of these speakers, now I was thinking of buying the JL Audio XD 700/5 and running 2 4x6" to one channel 2 4x6" to another channel

2 6x6" to a channel, and the other 2 6x6" to another channel, as well as the 2 tweeters to the final channel.

Questions:

Will the wiring work as ive described?

Will I need seprate amps for the front/rear speakers?

What would be the best crossover for this application

If im totally off what will be the best way to power these and make them sound good?

Thanks- weedy

What the hell is a 6x6?

I'd advise against mounting the tweeters in the roof, but it's your car and your ears. Lol.

That 5 channel will "work", I guess; but you're planning on running the tweeters in mono? What's that about? I suggest you get a 6 channel. Or a 4 channel and a small 2 channel for the tweets.

Crossovers will be a "listen to it and see" thing, but a good starting point will be whatever JL recommends.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.