Speakers Hissing

Knowmadic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I just finished installing my EQ and have met a new problem, my speakers all have a low hiss to them. The hiss will remain constant at any volume, and even when I remove the RCA's from the Headunit to the EQ but when I remove the RCA's from the EQ to speaker amp the buzzing will stop. These are brand new Knu Krystal wires I'm using for the 4 chan amp so I don't think it's the RCA's. Checked my ground and it is well sanded and connection is firm to the metal. Tried lowering the Gain on the amp and that did make it quieter but the hiss was still there in the background. Another problem I'm having is that when I turn off my car my sub makes a kind of popping sound. The EQ is grounded into the HU's ground wire. Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like you have ghost current on the output RCA connectors for your EQ. Ground the RCAs at that spot, maybe it solves your problem.
Just tried that and it didn't work. I also have the RCA's on my headunit grounded.

I have the exact same problem! Id also be interested to know how to solve this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Here is a picture of my amp grounds -

photo39dz.jpg

photo38pw.jpg

my bet is that there is a component in the EQ causing the hiss, you may want to open it up to see if one of the connections is burnt or swollen. you may even have a grounding option on your EQ that would correct the issue. Audiocontrol EQs have 3 different setting for type of ground and switching that will normally get rid of grounding issues.

Problem still persists after upgrading the wiring and running the remote wire directly to the EQ and then from the EQ to the amps. I also grounded it to the chassis and ran a power wire back to my distribution block. While this solved the popping the sub makes when the car turns off the speaker hiss remains constant. Does not change as volume goes up, does not have a high pitch due to alt, just a constant hissing. Lowering the gain on the amps makes the hiss quieter but even at 0 gain the hiss is still present just much fainter. The hiss seems to predominately come from the tweeters and much quieter from the woofers, rear speakers are affected as well. Sub however is NOT affected.

Problem still persists after upgrading the wiring and running the remote wire directly to the EQ and then from the EQ to the amps. I also grounded it to the chassis and ran a power wire back to my distribution block. While this solved the popping the sub makes when the car turns off the speaker hiss remains constant. Does not change as volume goes up, does not have a high pitch due to alt, just a constant hissing. Lowering the gain on the amps makes the hiss quieter but even at 0 gain the hiss is still present just much fainter. The hiss seems to predominately come from the tweeters and much quieter from the woofers, rear speakers are affected as well. Sub however is NOT affected.
I have the same exact problem! It's driving me nuts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.