Active Amp

budget and sundown NEVER go in the same sentance unless the sentance is, SUNDOWN is NOT a BUDGET amp.
Compared to some brands Sundown isn't budget, but compared to brands like Zapco, Audison and Arc it is budget, lol.

Compared to some brands Sundown isn't budget, but compared to brands like Zapco, Audison and Arc it is budget, lol.
Very true and I think that the audison is the way to go just the price of it lol I am going to have to wait a few months.

What head unit are you running? I'm saving up for my 5.1k too lol. Just running my mids and tweets with a cheap US Amps XT1600.4 so I have some music (and to test tweeter locations). I have enough midbass to not worry about my lower end until I can afford the 5.1k.

I have another of those amps if you want it. I was going to go 3-way, but decided to stick with 2-way for now. $100 shipped an it's yours...

Hmm might be interested, I am either going to be running a pioneer 880prs, alpine 9887, or 7897. I prefer alpine but I have the 880 right now but I need an amp to see if it will give me any wining noise of any sort one reason I want to get an amp. Ya from what I have seen that audison amp is the way to go, going to be running ID tweeters and woofers and 12 inch IDQ sub.

Yeah I've seen your build log. But the 5.1k has a lot of power on tap. I'm kinda in the same boat; I was going to run 1 15" IB, but decided to go with 2 12s just to make better use of the power. I've also considered the SRx5 and LRx6.9 because for IB you just don't need a lot of power for the subs, but the 5.1k has the most power for the mids, so I'll just dial back the gains. Let me know if you want that XT amp...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.