Active & Passive?

Hopefully they didn't keep them! lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif What kind of HU and what component set do you have?
I have a sony head unit not the best and the boston acoustiks sl60 comps

I doubt the Sony is active capable, so they are probably behind the door panels //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif No worries.

Is there a section that will tell you how to go active? or help you go active and guide you through the whole process? sounds confusing... a page that will help me understand the whole thing and help w/ install?

Right now I am reading the Sticky on this page but anyother helpfull pages>?

if certain frequences are causing parts in my doors to buzz like crazy from my mids. would going active and changing crossover points so that the tweeters are handling those frequencies be a good idea? this is assuming those frequences can be handled by my tweeters.

if the answer is YES, does anyone know if alpine type x tweeters can play lower safely than the passive crossovers set them at?

if certain frequences are causing parts in my doors to buzz like crazy from my mids. would going active and changing crossover points so that the tweeters are handling those frequencies be a good idea? this is assuming those frequences can be handled by my tweeters.
if the answer is YES, does anyone know if alpine type x tweeters can play lower safely than the passive crossovers set them at?
No, the answer to that is deadening and sealing up your door panels...and quieting plastic trim.

Not to get off the subject, but what are some headunits that are best at running active? I was looking at the Alpine 9887 that everyone raves about, but there isn't much info about the crossover with that unit. It just says high-pass & low-pass.

Don't you need a 3 way crossover to run active? Meaning that you would need your subs crossed from say 80Hz down, your mids crossed from 80Hz up to say 3Khz, and then your tweets from 3Khz and up.

I doubt the Sony is active capable, so they are probably behind the door panels //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif No worries.

ya but when wiring your components dont you go straight from the speaker to the amp? cause they ran some wires up to my headunit then down to the amp i think

Not to get off the subject, but what are some headunits that are best at running active? I was looking at the Alpine 9887 that everyone raves about, but there isn't much info about the crossover with that unit. It just says high-pass & low-pass.
Don't you need a 3 way crossover to run active? Meaning that you would need your subs crossed from say 80Hz down, your mids crossed from 80Hz up to say 3Khz, and then your tweets from 3Khz and up.
the Pioneer 880PRS is a great choice for going active.

i went active today and so far it's great. going active FTW!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.