Acoustic Elegance AV15

Excellent idea and an extremely useful feature to some. Can you be sure to include a 2005 Camry? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Also, my hat is off to you for the way you've maintained your composure under this scrutiny. Very admirable.
I do have Camry measurements although i think this is a 2000 camry. Also this is not the transfer function but the response in vehicle. There are multiple curves based on which windows were up and down and unfortunately it's not so clear as the colors don't all show in the legend.

Camary%204%20windows%20compare.gif

You can go through some of the measurements here and get a close idea in a round about way. There is a comparison between the regal and camry. Then there is a transfer function for the regal. So between the measurements you could get close.

http://www.aespeakers.com/basszone/deonspace/cabin.html

Or since you're in WI you could just come up to GB sometime and we could actually measure it. That might be easier and more accurate.

John

Or since you're in WI you could just come up to GB sometime and we could actually measure it. That might be easier and more accurate.
John
I may just have to take you up on that offer at some point. Thanks for the info in the meantime.

The following page has some good info on mics, calibration, preamp, and software that can be used. The Behringer and Nady Mics are the same and don't vary too badly once you get the generic calibration file input.

http://home.comcast.net/~infinitelybaffled/page9IB-stealsand%20deals.html

To the list of recommended software I'd also add Speaker Workshop as it is free also. RoomEQ Wizard is probably the most user friendly though and is very simple to get good results.

http://www.speakerworkshop.com/

Tutorial is here on crossover simulation but a lot of that is similar to what you'd need to setup a multiway system in a vehicle.

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/loudspeaker/projects/speakerworkshop.html

John

Respect goes to you John for posting here as long as you have with as much detail as you have. Most people would not do so as time is valuable. Sadly, many people here don't appreciate it. There are many that do though and I am one of them. I hope AE is still around in a year or so when I am in the car audio market again so I can have one myself.

Papermaker, I don't need insult you as just by posting so many responses people can form the same opinion as I. To put it nicely, I have a hard time thinking you are intelligent, knowledgeable or have integrity when you can't even grasp your native language enough to use correct spelling, punctuation, grammer, etc.

Respect goes to you John for posting here as long as you have with as much detail as you have. Most people would not do so as time is valuable. Sadly, many people here don't appreciate it. There are many that do though and I am one of them. I hope AE is still around in a year or so when I am in the car audio market again so I can have one myself.
Papermaker, I don't need insult you as just by posting so many responses people can form the same opinion as I. To put it nicely, I have a hard time thinking you are intelligent, knowledgeable or have integrity when you can't even grasp your native language enough to use correct spelling, punctuation, grammer, etc.
Pretty much my exact thoughts.

huh? you seem to be missing some puctuation in that first sentance

spelled...grammar

isn't it embarrassing when you try to correct someone and then make mistakes yourself?

spelled...grammar

isn't it embarrassing when you try to correct someone and then make mistakes yourself?
Well, I wasn't correcting him or you for that matter. But no, not embarrassing really, people make mistakes. I'm not stupid enough to suggest otherwise, or suggest that I know everything. I have spelled grammar wrong habitually since I was young. I'm sure everyone has words they habitually spell wrong. My query isn't with little mistakes, it is with the big picture. My spelling and grammar mistakes don't take away from my posts, papermaker's do. Because he doesn't use either, I have a hard time reading many of his posts.

And no, I wasn't missing punctuation, I forgot the word "to" because I was typing quick.

k and oh yeah forgot this

John,

Please let me know when you hopefully start reselling these "b-stock" subs or pm me if you already have some, definately interested in picking a few up, but can't justify paying $200+ for a new one

Sincerly,

Scoobydoo

Hey John, given that the test was run in a 4.5 cube box tuned to 37Hz how do you think the performance would differ in terms of output and SQ if you put it in an optimum spec box. It would obviously be not as loud but by how much and how much would the SQ improve? Thanks

spelled...grammar

You spelled punctuation and sentence wrong.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.