Accord and alike guys. Enter!

101_1468.jpg

work in progress, this is what its looks like now

in my 95 accord

20" i cut part of the metal out and when i put that top cover piece in it didn't sit flat, so now i want to make a fiberglass one so i can also put my rear speakers back in

20" i cut part of the metal out and when i put that top cover piece in it didn't sit flat, so now i want to make a fiberglass one so i can also put my rear speakers back in
Oh cool. I just cut my ski pass out yesterday. Im assuming that was an option from the factory, I dont know for sure though. I also dont know it it will help me or hurt me when I throw my 12s in. I guess Ill never know now haha

i bought my 2001 Accord specifically to build a system in it. and it is a wonderful platform. many options, no CAN BUS to worry about, no premium system interfaces, just lots of space. i have 6.5's and 4's flush in the kicks, two IB 12's, hell, just last week i had 10 speakers recessed, mounted, and wired up front (dash, apillars, kick floor, side kick, doors) - i was testing and experimenting with soundstage variations.

at 160k mi. it is in great shape, runs and drives perfect, has never been in the shop for a failure, and the VTEC V6 is peppy enough to keep me satisfied, yet the ride is quiet. it does everything I want a car to do and seats four adults. i even like the styling. i will try for 300k mi. too many customizations and it's paid off.

but seriously, baggin on a guys car is childish. life takes us in all directions. i'll never judge someone because of their car not being expensive or perfect.

I'll say this about Accords. In retrospect, instead of the 2001, i realized i should have gotten a 1997, maybe even a 97 wagon. the reason? i'm pretty sure i can fit a 10" under the center of the dash, along with 3-way kicks. the entire center console is mostly empty since the A/C controls are high on the dash.

i bought my 2001 Accord specifically to build a system in it. and it is a wonderful platform. many options, no CAN BUS to worry about, no premium system interfaces, just lots of space. i have 6.5's and 4's flush in the kicks, two IB 12's, hell, just last week i had 10 speakers recessed, mounted, and wired up front (dash, apillars, kick floor, side kick, doors) - i was testing and experimenting with soundstage variations.
at 160k mi. it is in great shape, runs and drives perfect, has never been in the shop for a failure, and the VTEC V6 is peppy enough to keep me satisfied, yet the ride is quiet. it does everything I want a car to do and seats four adults. i even like the styling. i will try for 300k mi. too many customizations and it's paid off.

but seriously, baggin on a guys car is childish. life takes us in all directions. i'll never judge someone because of their car not being expensive or perfect.

I'll say this about Accords. In retrospect, instead of the 2001, i realized i should have gotten a 1997, maybe even a 97 wagon. the reason? i'm pretty sure i can fit a 10" under the center of the dash, along with 3-way kicks. the entire center console is mostly empty since the A/C controls are high on the dash.
wise words I don't like to bag either even though I'm a big american car fan. Do the best with what you have and you will always be happy.

It has all stock parts on it other than black headlights, black tails, 5% tint, black factory wheels and camo pillars and door panels

A coat of paint and itd be just as stock as any other one, but I suppose paint is what turns a car from a pos to a show car.. silly city folk haha

wise words I don't like to bag either even though I'm a big american car fan. Do the best with what you have and you will always be happy.
Yes sir, I am to. But the cost of fuel has its weird way of telling to what to buy sometimes...

I really dont know what I get,Iim guessing low 20s, 25% highway if that. It beats anything else Iv had.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.