Help with trying my first active setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

team exuma
10+ year member

bahamas
Vifa xt25tg30-04 or ne25vtt-04

Hello everyone

This is my first time trying a active setup I would like to hear your thoughts on the above tweeters give me both pros and cons also crossover points for both they will be going in a dodge stealth most likely in the a pillars but open to other suggestions along with the following items:

Headunit: Undecided(Older model Alpine9815/9833/35 or Eclipse7200)

Mids: Silver Flutes W17RC38-04

Subs: Oz Audio Me12.4

Amps: Undecided(open to suggestions)

Sound Deadening: Secondskin or Dynamat(used b4 in a previous setup)

P.S please take note where I live very limited with brands over here(only mainstream and not many top lines) and not a main focus on SQ at all so I need input from those with experience with different drivers I know that final decisions are based on what is pleasing to my ear also the type of music(mainly reggae and R&B with some rap in the mix) thanks in advance for any help

Lavarison

Looks good man. One of these days I will get my setup sounding good...... But that could be 2013 and since we all die in 2012 it may never happen. As far as the wteets both are solid so you cant go wrong...

wow thanks guys for the quick replies had this on diyma for 20 hours and not one reply any suggestion on crossover points looking some where between 80hz-2.5khz(mids) and 2.5khz-up(tweeters)

wow thanks guys for the quick replies had this on diyma for 20 hours and not one reply any suggestion on crossover points looking some where between 80hz-2.5khz(mids) and 2.5khz-up(tweeters)

Right now I have mine set from 90-3500 then 3500 up.. But this will change I am sure gotta get this slope crap figured out first...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.