accidently hooked ground and power up backwards

I have 2 more questions about this b4 I throw in the towel. If the power line fuse blew could it still look normal like nothing is wrong with it? Also if the fuse is blown should that keep my amp from coming on at all? Like for instance if the power line fuse is blown should my amp still come on even though its going straight into protect mode?

When I unhook the rca's and the speaker wires the amp will come on the protect light will come on then go back off but the green light don't come on at all. So it kinda makes me feel like the only power its really getting is from the rca's and the signal wire?

Fuses can blow sometimes and still look ok but not very often. You can check for continuity through the fuse with a multimeter if you have one to see if it's blown. I've never seen an amp try and turn on without a live power wire hooked up though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.