About to build my first box, what panels go on top which panels?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
This is a noob question....

What panels should I be overlapping onto other panels? Does it matter? I'm thinking the panel where the sub is going in and the panel opposite from that should go on top of the 4 side panels and then for the 4 side panels it doesn't really matter. Does it matter at all?

And while I'm at it I might as well ask a few more questions... This box is just going to be for a single Kicker CVR 12. It's going to be a 21x21x23 sealed enclosure. How much bracing should I need? Are 45's necessary?

This is a noob question....
What panels should I be overlapping onto other panels? Does it matter? I'm thinking the panel where the sub is going in and the panel opposite from that should go on top of the 4 side panels and then for the 4 side panels it doesn't really matter. Does it matter at all?

And while I'm at it I might as well ask a few more questions... This box is just going to be for a single Kicker CVR 12. It's going to be a 21x21x23 sealed enclosure. How much bracing should I need? Are 45's necessary?
21x21x23 is around 4.5 cubic feet... that's enough for a single 18 sealed box man.

21x21x23 is around 4.5 cubic feet... that's enough for a single 18 sealed box man.
On the instructions for the cvr 12 it says max sealed enclosure volume is 4.6. I want to see how loud it is in that big of a box lol. It also says "for best SQ". idk if i believe it or not but i guess a bigger sealed box means it sounds better.

On the instructions for the cvr 12 it says max sealed enclosure volume is 4.6. I want to see how loud it is in that big of a box lol. It also says "for best SQ". idk if i believe it or not but i guess a bigger sealed box means it sounds better.
just be careful not to let that sub tear itself apart mechanically. You can do 1.5 to 2 cubes and still get similar results to be honest. At 4 cubes its better to just do a ported box or a 4th order bandpass. All you gonna gain is slightly more 20hz range but you can get much better results with ported instead.

just be careful not to let that sub tear itself apart mechanically. You can do 1.5 to 2 cubes and still get similar results to be honest. At 4 cubes its better to just do a ported box or a 4th order bandpass. All you gonna gain is slightly more 20hz range but you can get much better results with ported instead.
The reason I'm making a sealed box is because I've never built a box before. I want it to be as simple as possible. This is really just for fun and for learning purposes, I'm not chasing numbers and this isn't even my system lol it's my little brother's. And the sub is probably on it's way out anyway... It's been in my shed for years lol. I had 2 of them in my truck but one blew so I was probably giving them too much power. This one is probably about to bust too.

The reason I'm making a sealed box is because I've never built a box before. I want it to be as simple as possible. This is really just for fun and for learning purposes, I'm not chasing numbers and this isn't even my system lol it's my little brother's. And the sub is probably on it's way out anyway... It's been in my shed for years lol. I had 2 of them in my truck but one blew so I was probably giving them too much power. This one is probably about to bust too.
just do a 2.75 cube sealed box so when you want, you can just cut a hole and add two 4 inch pvc pipes to port it.

Aero port boxes are extremely easy to build.

just do a 2.75 cube sealed box so when you want, you can just cut a hole and add two 4 inch pvc pipes to port it.
Aero port boxes are extremely easy to build.
Do you know the answer to my original question? I want to go to HD tonight to get it all cut out but idk how I should have them cut it.

Do you know the answer to my original question? I want to go to HD tonight to get it all cut out but idk how I should have them cut it.
here's a cut list

tSkGdj.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.